Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2010, 10:56 AM  

Shreveport, LA
Rhodes College

I have a lot of friends that go there. Any one on here attend? Pretty small Presbyterian, school, but I am thinking of it as a transfer option. Any feedback?

Old 11-22-2010, 12:28 PM  

Memphis, Tennessee
Very expensive but very nice school....best school in this area..a Rhodes Scholar is recoginzed world wide..good luck to you

Old 11-22-2010, 04:03 PM  

Have a lot of friends who go there, it's a great college. Highly recommend it; it's world class school. I wanted to move away from Memphis for college just to experience more, but if I had stayed in town Rhodes was my one and only.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:54 AM  

Shreveport, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211 View Post
Have a lot of friends who go there, it's a great college. Highly recommend it; it's world class school. I wanted to move away from Memphis for college just to experience more, but if I had stayed in town Rhodes was my one and only.
That's good to know. Aren't the classes really small? My best friend is in the Greek Life there.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:10 AM  

Germantown, Tennessee
It is a great education, but is somewhat cost prohibitive
Old 11-29-2010, 08:15 AM  

Belvidere, VT
I'm a Senior here at Rhodes and I'll say that if you're looking for a small school with small classes, a relaxed Greek life, a city experience, and a service-minded student body, then look at Rhodes. I was looking for a small liberal arts college and I was excited to find Rhodes because it's rare to find a small liberal arts college set in a city the size of Rhodes (one of the 20 largest in the country).

I was surprised at the interest the faculty show in their students too. I've rarely had a professor who did not give me either their home or cell phone numbers. They don't view their teaching as a 9-5 job, which as one of their students, I appreciate.

It's not necessarily cost prohibitive either. I pay for school on my own so I can attest to the excellent financial aid office here. The average merit-based scholarship is $14,000 and the average total package (merit-based + need-based) is $32,000.

If you're close enough to be able to visit, try to come out and do an overnight to get a better feel for campus.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
Bookmark this Page!