Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2010, 06:40 AM  

Port Huron, Michigan
I see Lazybones already got mentioned. Best part of it, besides the awesome food, is that it is just down the road from Dragonmead Brewpup, and they can deliver to the pub. So the best beer and the best BBQ can be enjoyed together.

They actually do "Beer & BBQ" events together on occasion.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:41 PM  

MI
Lazybones is hard to beat if you want a Q raunt. Denni knows his way around a smoker.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:29 PM  

Holly, MI
Union Woodshop in Clarkston is relatively new and quite good.

Beale St. Smokehouse in Fenton is an absolute diamond in the rough (Beale St. Smokehouse BBQ - Fenton, MI - Reviews - BeerAdvocate).
Old 11-23-2010, 05:21 PM  

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Slows is amazing and they are expanding! Brisket and a side of Mac and cheese is where it's at, they even serve PBR in a can!
Old 12-02-2010, 12:56 PM  

Joliet, IL
This is a super easy one! Slows BBQ in Detroit is by far the best hands down. I go there often when in Detroit. Great food, great beer, and a solid atmosphere.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:52 PM  

Lapeer, MI
Clarkston Woodshop

I've heard the Woodshop is great. I will go soon! I've been to Slows and they are superb. I have to admit, I've never had a bad meal at Famous Dave's though. Chain doesn't equal bad, at least not always.
The Woodshop is also affiliated with Clarkston Union, well-known for their superb beer selection and excellent food (mac and cheese to die for).
Old 12-08-2010, 09:51 AM  

Chelsea, Michigan
Slows iN detroit Wonderfull Also on Man Vs food And Really Really Great selection of local beers on tap!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:07 AM  
Brewer

Monroe, MI
I'd second slows.. Amazing beer selection too.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:50 AM  
Geoff

Royal Oak, Michigan
Next time you go down to Comerica, try the Rub BBQ Pub, 18 W Adams, on the north side of Adams, just west of Woodward. We sampled several of their appetizers, and didn't even get to any main entrees. We liked the "Pig Wings" (little crusty rib-ends) so much we got a second order. Good beer on tap, and the waitstaff isn't hard on the eyes, either.

There's also a new place up in my 'hood, Lockhart's, 202 E 3rd St Royal Oak. Been there twice, once it was great (got the brisket) and once just so-so (got ribs). Decent beer selection, good service, but a bit Royal-Oak-spendy. Better food than Memphis Smoke (which is about to go bye-bye anyway).
Old 12-08-2010, 04:20 PM  

Slow's

I"m going to have to agree with the Slow's crowd. They have fantastic ribs. The dry rub is the best I've had in Michigan.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!