Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2010, 12:47 PM  

Madison, Wisconsin
Best UP Fishing close to Eagle River, Wisconsin?

Where is the best UP fishing close to Eagle River, Wisconsin?

Old 10-19-2010, 01:20 PM  

Munising, Michigan
What are you looking to fish for?

Old 11-15-2010, 05:09 PM  

Iron River, MI
I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you!

There are some great walleye lakes, some great panfish lakes, and some great bass lakes. It really depends on what you're fishing for.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:06 PM  

Essexville, Michigan
There's a crick in the Ontanogan Nat'l Forest near Watersmeet that has some spectacular Brook Trout fishing. At least it did the last time I was there, probably 15 years ago. Stony Creek. Best found on a platbook as I recall. Native brookies dumb enough to hit a bare hook. And those were keepers... Amazing fishing. Rarely went a day without limiting out and caught fish all day every day.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:32 PM  

Iron River, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama474 View Post
There's a crick in the Ontanogan Nat'l Forest near Watersmeet that has some spectacular Brook Trout fishing. At least it did the last time I was there, probably 15 years ago. Stony Creek. Best found on a platbook as I recall. Native brookies dumb enough to hit a bare hook. And those were keepers... Amazing fishing. Rarely went a day without limiting out and caught fish all day every day.
Well, there isn't any "Ontanogon Nat'l Forest"- I assume you mean the Ottawa. Anyway, I am not familiar with Stony Creek, but I know the Ottawa National Forest very well. Where's Stony Creek? I've never even heard of it!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!