Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2010, 08:41 AM  

Royal Oak, MI
I love going to Bell's when I'm on that side of the state. Also another +1 for Redwood Lodge in Grand Blanc. Their Oktoberfest is one of the best I've ever had.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:34 AM  

Holland, MI
The Two I frequent the most are New holland Brewing co (holland MI) and Founders (grand rapids)

If you havent tried new hollands dragons milk then You really should take a trip and try it on tap.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:03 PM  

Grand Rapids, MI
Dragons Milk might be my favorite beer. Would love to try it on tap.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:05 PM  

west palm beach, fl
dragons milk?
what is it?
sounds like an ipa
Old 11-26-2010, 05:28 AM  

Holland, MI
Dragons milk is really a strong ale. Its not quite a stout but it shares the dark color of a stout. The taste is different for everyone but dark chocolate and coffee notes can be detected. It is aged in Bourbon barrels for either 3 - 6 months before its served.

The best part about it is at 10%abv it will knock you on your butt. But it is very decieving because it drinks very smooth, especialy on tap at the pub.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:30 AM  

Holland, MI
http://newhollandbrew.com/corp/beer/high_gravity
Old 11-26-2010, 10:17 AM  

Grand Rapids, MI
Yeah the best way to describe it is a stout that drinks like an ale. It has a complex flavor, and I love the bourbon flavors from the barrels.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:42 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
Can't forget the Keweenaw Brewing Company in Houghton. They have plenty of great beers to choose from (a few of which are sold in stores), and they also make their own root beer.

Another place in Houghton is the Library Bar and Restaurant who makes their own beer, and has all the equipment in a glassed room next to the dining area.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:47 PM  

Big Rapids, Michigan
Old boys

The old boys brewry in spring lake was great the couple times I was there. The food was a little bit overpriced but the beer was fantastic. My favorite was the oatmeal stout, definitely different, but a must try
Old 12-01-2010, 04:53 PM  

IL
I love the beers from Founders, Bells & especially New Holland. I happen to live in IL but visit S. MI a lot and enjoy a trip to the Livery every once in a while. OF course if I am far enough south to be near Michiana - then any excuse to cross the border and visit Three Floyds is a must.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.