Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2010, 06:32 PM  

Detroit, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I was up in Mt. Pleasant a couple weeks back and stumbled upon this place;
Did you get a chance to make it up to Mt. Pleasant Brewing Co.? It is the same brewers, but it is their production/bottling facility. They have a small tap room and very friendly. They gave us a tour and lots of samples. When we were up there a couple weeks ago, they had a harvest ale on tap that used only Michigan ingredients.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:25 AM  

Port Huron, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesj View Post
Did you get a chance to make it up to Mt. Pleasant Brewing Co.? It is the same brewers, but it is their production/bottling facility. They have a small tap room and very friendly. They gave us a tour and lots of samples. When we were up there a couple weeks ago, they had a harvest ale on tap that used only Michigan ingredients.
No just that place.

Funny I've just started noticing bottles of their beers in some of the bottle shops around.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:59 PM  

Kingsville, TX
For those cold winter nights in the UP!

Keweenaw Brewing Company - Houghton, MI
Decent beer and great atmosphere.

Library - Marquette, MI
Great beer and great food.

Jasper Ridge Brewing Company - Ishpeming, MI
I wasn't a of their beer but it's always personal preference.
They do have some pretty good food.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:11 PM  

Farmington Hills, MI
Liberty Street in Plymouth is my most regular. good beers, Joe is super nice to talk to, really down to earth. The place is really nice inside too... OG in Milan is also pretty nice. I always have to make the stop on the way to Cabela's
Old 12-02-2010, 04:59 PM  

Lapeer, MI
Best Brewpub

I love Black Forest Brewery in Frankenmuth. Excellent beers and great food. I also love all of the others mentioned so far. I never miss a chance to stop when passing MBC or Dark Horse. Founders is also worth the trip! I've always wanted to check out the pico brewery, Sue's in St. Clair! Someday...

Of course my most frequently visited brewpub is in my basement :-)
Old 12-03-2010, 05:54 AM  

Grand Rapids, Michigan
I love the abundance of breweries and brewpubs in Michigan. Just living in Grand Rapids I am within an hour of many:

Founders*
Bells*
Hopcat*
The Hideout
New Holland Brewery
Schmohz*
Grand Rapids Brewery
B.O.B.
Good Ole' Boys
Saugatuck Brewery
Old Peninsula

* = my favorites. If you have never been to HopCat, then please just make a trip. If you can get there on a weekday from 4-6pm you can get the best deal around: for $6 you get a burger, fries, and any $4 Michigan beer on tap. You just can't beat that deal anywhere. Period.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:11 PM  

Sullivan's Black Forest
Old 12-08-2010, 09:48 AM  

Chelsea, Michigan
Original Gravity in Milan is Pretty Cool. They do alot of experiments. The new Wolverine brewery in Ann Arbor is pretty sharp to!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:26 PM  

Decatur, Michigan
Ole Peninsula in Kzoo. Although I have to say that I have not yet found a "bad" brewpub as long as they put some heart into the craft. I would nominate my own home as I brew my own and I turn out a mean dinner when I have time.

ITDruid
Old 12-10-2010, 06:58 PM  

BFE, MI
New Holland is really nice. so is Founders. those are the only two that I've hit...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!