Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2010, 04:31 PM  

Altus, Oklahoma
Marquette, MI

Newbee to this forum here. Thought I would drop a line to say hello to all in the UP. I was stationed at K.I. Sawyer many moons ago and thought I would let you know what a great place it was. Believe me when I say I will never forget that assignment and the snow in all its glory. Heyho now from Oklahoma.

Later
TJBoomer

Old 12-16-2010, 06:32 PM  

Marquette, MI
Hello from Marquette TJBoomer!

You'd probably cry if you drove through the base. It's, well, an airport and a ghetto pretty much. Very run down and nothing but low rents and welfare cases.

Marquette has changed quite a bit as well since you left, not in a bad way just way more business's and new construction. Lots of new condos down by the lower harbor, motels, Wal-mart, Target, Best Buy and all those other big box stores. Great place to live still.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:34 PM  

Gladstone, MI
And hello to you!

KI got shut down years ago but is enjoying a new life as a nonmilitary community. It IS the site for the Mqt Co airport...INTERNATIONAL. ooohhhh.

Glad you enjoyed the snow.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!