Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2011, 03:03 PM  

Mountain Bike/Brewery Road Trip help

I live in Ontario, and some friends and I are interested in going to Michigan this August for a Mountain Biking/Brewery road trip. We would be camping, for about 4 days.

Any suggestions on the best spots to hit?

We can cross at Sarnia, or Sault Ste. Marie.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:39 AM  

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Not sure about the eastside of the state, but I live in Kalamazoo, and we got Bell's Brewery to visit, and the Kal-Haven State park (trail) Leads from Kalamazoo to South Haven which is on Lake Michigan (Great Beaches). Also just outside Kalamazoo is Fort Custer Recreation Area, LOTS of biking trails. From here, about 45 minutes north on US 131, Grand Rapids there's Yankee Springs state park, which has a lot of Biking trails, and 5 or so brewery's / brewpub's. Hope this helps!

Old 03-01-2011, 11:45 AM  

That is helpful.. thanks so much! I just have no idea where to start, so this gives me some things to look at.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:59 PM  

Definately recommend something along the lake (Lake Michigan). Great camp sites as well as some great brewerys. New Holland brewery is one of my favorites. Smaller but has a great selection of unique beers.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:20 AM  

If you find yourself in the Grand Rapids area, there are tons of great beer spots. Founder's Brewing Co., Brewery Vivant, The Hideout Brewing Co., HopCat. Definitely one of my favorite spots for beer.
Another great beer area is the Traverse City region. Short's Brewing Co. is in Bellaire. Jolly Pumpkin, Right Brain and some others are in Traverse City, along with many great wineries.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:56 PM  

I would go into the UP if I were you. Copper Harbor has some amazing MTN bike trails I hear. Then there is always the keewenaw brewery. Enjoy the Widow Maker stout.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:25 PM  

Stop into Big Buck brewery in Gaylord. From there, ride the bike trail all the way up to the M
ackinaw bridge.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads