Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2010, 06:15 PM  

West Bloomfield, Mi
Here's a few more.
The Official Michigan Picture Thread-bc7.jpg 

The Official Michigan Picture Thread-img_0027.jpg 

The Official Michigan Picture Thread-img_0029.jpg 

Old 10-18-2010, 07:13 PM  

Valparaiso, Indiana
I need to upload more recent ones to photobucket - have a few trips from the UP again.

ATV trails heading from Calumet to Gay.

I forgot if this is trail 17 or 21 between Calumet an Hancock

Deleware mine

Quincy Mine

Old 10-20-2010, 03:54 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
No picture thread is complete without the infamous Seney Stretch!

Old 10-27-2010, 09:44 AM  

Muskegon, Michigan
Here is a link

to my website which has a nice selection of Michigan photographs I have taken over the space of many years. Dancin Gallery & Gifts - Home
Old 10-27-2010, 05:23 PM  

Muskegon, Michigan
I will have some new photos up soon. I went to the lake today with my cameras and the wind and waves were incredible.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:37 PM  

Scottville, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey View Post
I will have some new photos up soon. I went to the lake today with my cameras and the wind and waves were incredible.
I second that statement. I'm up in the Ludington area and they were rolling pretty good up here yesterday. Had a good time getting some shots of the waves myself... right up to the moment a 70+ MPH gust pulled the tripod out of the sand and sent it and my camera on "Mr Wigglies Wild Ride" down the dune. Thus ended my 1st DSLR RIP after a nice 2 years and 17000 photos.

Here are a couple of the last time out with it.

Ludington South Pier marker light

North Pier Light at Ludington

Looking North from the deck of the Ludington State Parks Beach house. About 10 minutes before the tumble.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:10 PM  

Muskegon, Michigan
Nice looking shots bydand. I can`t believe someone else lost a camera. My trusty old SLR that I`ve had for 30 years ( I still shoot a little film from time to time ) took a serious dive too. The tripod took a heavy gust and went over backwards . I was on the pier at the time and it hit square on the concrete. I think she is D.O.A . It feels almost like losing an old friend. I have other cameras but they just aren`t the same.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:53 PM  

Scottville, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey View Post
Nice looking shots bydand. I can`t believe someone else lost a camera. My trusty old SLR that I`ve had for 30 years ( I still shoot a little film from time to time ) took a serious dive too. The tripod took a heavy gust and went over backwards . I was on the pier at the time and it hit square on the concrete. I think she is D.O.A . It feels almost like losing an old friend. I have other cameras but they just aren`t the same.
Yes it is like losing an old friend. I lost a Minolta SLR to a canoeing accident years ago (they don't swim so well when given the chance.) It was the first auto focus SLR I owned, but not the last. I still have the replacement I bought 25 years ago (the other one was only 6 months old) and I think I would cry if the replacement one ever dies. Others have come and gone over the years but that one just keeps turning out very nice photos. This latest one though really bites, I have been bitten by the DSLR bug bad now. No processing costs, no waiting, no wondering if the series you just took were perfect or not and by the time you find out the are not, you can't reshoot it. I love my digital.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:49 AM  

Port Huron, Michigan
I love showing off "my neighborhood" in Downtown Port Huron.

This is around the block from me,

My Bank.

This is out my loft window during a classic car show.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:56 AM  

Port Huron, Michigan
I've messed with people on other forums who have bashed Michigan and talked about how beautiful their beaches are by posting these next two pics and asking them to guess where these are. And people have guessed everywhere from parts of Florida to god knows where. And are surprised that it's 2 miles from my front door.

They're taken from the Fort Gratiot Lighthouse.

This is the other view looking back to Downtown where I live.

Our Coast Guard Station.

Our cutter the Hollyhock.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!