Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-14-2010, 10:02 AM  

Ironwood, Michigan
Idk about lower MI but the UP has an amazing landscape. The hills and trees in early fall are amazing.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:01 PM  

Holland, Michigan
Noting the Jeep in your avatar, I'd say that we have a lot for you. In the lower peninsula we have plenty of mild trails for stock Jeeps. These trails have great scenery and obstacles that are JUST big enough to have fun on. We have Silver Lake for the Dune Experience (a super-mini version of Glamis).

We also have the best lake/stream system in the world. Lake Michigan is on the west side of the state and I have yet to hear anyone looking at it who isn't amazed by the size, clarity of water, and beach quality.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:26 PM  

Fenton, Michigan
If you like to Mountain Bike then Michigan is a great place for it. If anyone is ever interested in Mountain Biking and going to be in or from the Flint area let me know.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:03 PM  

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Michigan has a ton of dual sport motorcycle trails and several good quad trails as well. I think the Leota trails are my favorite. The MI DNR site has more info if you are interested.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:53 PM  

Fenton, Michigan
Michigan also has the great lakes plus a lot of great small lakes all over the state.

Also, there are a ton of snowmobile trails and ski hills in the winter all over the state as well
Old 10-15-2010, 10:27 AM  

Muskegon, Mi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFOneWatt View Post

Umm.. I dunno about you but it's been my experience that the people of the Midwest are rude and nasty in comparison to the people out west and down south.
That would be the Asshats in the bigger cities, go to the smaller towns and we're just as freindly as the South and West.

But to visit, Silver Lake, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Mackinaw Island, Tahquamenon Falls, Mackinaw Bridge, etc.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:01 AM  

Dorr, MI
MI is a good place if you like going to the beaches! Great beaches on the West coast!
Old 10-15-2010, 04:37 PM  

Kalamazoo, MI
You know as bad as our economy is in Michigan. We really do have a lot of unique cool things about our state. Cant say the same for all other states. A lot are rather boring.... Its too bad it doesn't get recognized as much...
Old 10-15-2010, 05:03 PM  

Detroit, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by themps1 View Post
You know as bad as our economy is in Michigan. We really do have a lot of unique cool things about our state. Cant say the same for all other states. A lot are rather boring.... Its too bad it doesn't get recognized as much...
I think the coolest thing we have is...

FRESH WATER! The most precious commodity in the world.

and lots of Natural Gas. W00t!

You're right though - The U.P. is grossly under-appreciated.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:22 AM  

Buchanan, Michigan
I agree, there isn't just one reason. Wine tastings, orchards (we ARE the fruit belt after all), true 4 seasons, which is BEAUTIFUL this time of year. Oh, and lets not forget the Dunes, which are only present this side of lake michigan, you can't find them on the illinoise side.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.