Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2010, 08:33 PM  
HomeBrewTalk Holdover!

Lowell, MI
I used to live in Hart, just inland a bit (one of two main exits to get to SL, the other being the Shelby exit to the south). I was never one to run around much out there, a bit on quads our friends used to rent out. When I was in high school, though, we used to run a few miles for cross country training. About two miles of that, is like ten on the road, really hard running!

When you're up there, take some time off the dunes and tool around the area. To the south is Little Point Sable lighthouse, to the north is Pentwater, north of that is the hydro electric plant (really sweet, and if you throw disc, there's a sweet golf course up the hillside!), and north of that is Ludington. A great area to visit. A bit on the slow side to live in, though.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:59 PM  

Traverse City, Michigan
BEAUTIFUL place... used to live just a short drive from there. Gets a little crazy in the summer up on the dunes tho. LOL

Old 11-23-2010, 07:40 AM  

Bay City, MI
Tire pressure is the key, on normal SUV's taking the tire pressure down to about 15psi works wonders. There is free air to pump them up just as you leave the parking area.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:36 AM  

Holland, MI
Ive always wanted to head to silver lake. I need to get the Commander in shape first though. That most likely wont be until after the new year though.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:19 AM  

Holland, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyday View Post
Tire pressure is the key, on normal SUV's taking the tire pressure down to about 15psi works wonders. There is free air to pump them up just as you leave the parking area.
FWIW, I usually run between 4 and 6psi in the back and just under 10 in the front. I find that anything higher requires that I take a run at the hills and I like easing up to hills - I'm too lazy and too poor to constantly fix broken parts because I have to go fast over the pre-hill bumps.

It is fun to watch other people bounce up hills though.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:01 PM  

Lansing, Michigan
I need to take some ttime away and get back to the dunes at least once next summer. I love the sand , the beach and the ladies,.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:28 PM  

Big Rapids, Michigan
Great memories

My grandparents lived up by silver lake while I was growing up, so I have a ton of memories from up there. The dune rides were great as a kid, and it's the perfect place for family stuff. I wouldn't trade those days for anything
Old 12-08-2010, 03:16 PM  

chesterfield, MI
Do you need special intake stuff to rip it up at the dunes? I wanted to take my daily driver there.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:56 AM  

Howell, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by osully View Post
Do you need special intake stuff to rip it up at the dunes? I wanted to take my daily driver there.
nope, just a flag, an orv sticker, and 4WD!
Old 12-15-2010, 02:51 PM  
One of 2733

Hudson, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by osully View Post
You need a snorkel if you drive though some of the puddles by the lake, they don't look as deep as they actually are.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!