Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2010, 02:48 PM  

Kalamazoo, MI
What to do in Ann Arbor?

I'm moving to Ann Arbor within the week (yet I still don't have a place, eeks!) from my long time home of Kalamazoo. I'm not that familiar with the city or the east side of the state in general and am very intimidated with the move.
What are some off the beaten path sort of brewpubs, galleries and other 'cultural' places of interest to a young college graduate starting his first full time job that pays in peanuts and dirt?
I think it would be a real asset to these forms if we could come up with list of user recommended places. I've found that Yelp is a decent place to start with but it is overly cluttered with listings.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:38 PM  
Ft. Lauderdale, nuff said

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Fraser's Pub, 2045 Packard.

Just do it!

Old 11-17-2010, 04:33 PM  

MI
For a brew pub in Ann Arbor Ashley's pub is hard to beat. I have yet to have a house brew from them that I was disappointed in. The food is excellent as well.

For entertainment if you are a video game nut or love pinball look up pinball petes. They have the largest collection of pinball machines in the world.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:50 PM  

Ann Arbor, MI
In you are in to craft beer, Ann Arbor has a handful in walking distance...Blue Tractor, Grizzly Peak, Arbor Brewing Company, Jolly Pumpkin...I'm sure I'm missing one.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:27 PM  
elo

NYC, NY
Take some time to explore Nichols Arboretum. Beautiful and free. I went there a lot as a grad student.

As far as local breweries go, I really like Jolly Pumpkin, although their soured beers are not for everybody. Their food is top notch, though, and they also serve beer from the excellent North Peak Brewery in Traverse City. ABC is fine, but their food has declined in quality in recent years. That's really a shame, because they've really made a push for local and responsibly sourced ingredients, which I strongly support.

Also, do yourself a favor and drive out to Seitz Tavern in Chelsea. Awesome little bar with great taxedermy, cheap awesome burgers, and cheaper beers. And try the "Beef Plate."
Old 11-17-2010, 07:29 PM  
elo

NYC, NY
Oh, and don't miss the Earle's happy hour. I couldn't afford to eat there, but daily happy hour mussels for $2.75 an order are delicious and an absolute steal.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:35 PM  

Jackson, Mi
Ashleys is definitely a place to hit up (many excellent beers on tap, it's on South State Street across from the Diag). Definitely hit up Arbor Brewing Company - excellent beers. If you're into it hit Briarwood Mall. Wander around UM campus a bit.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.