Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2010, 09:54 AM  
Got Milk?

Romeo, Michigan
Where do you go when you go "Up North"

With me originally being from the Upper Peninsula. I go back up to visit family and friends up in Curtis, MI... How about you guys? Where do you guys go, when you go up north?

Old 08-30-2010, 11:04 AM  
Zoe-nuh-jeep

Suck Vista, Arizona
When I lived there 'up north' was Traverse City and above. Then again I lived in the 'zoo.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:22 AM  
Got Milk?

Romeo, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaJeep View Post
When I lived there 'up north' was Traverse City and above. Then again I lived in the 'zoo.
I've always considered it as everything from West Branch and North...
Old 08-31-2010, 12:48 PM  

Austin, Texas
My wife and I went to Traverse City for a mini honeymoon. We drove up the peninsulas and drank wine all day. It was a beautiful area, id go back.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:17 PM  

Howell, Michigan
When I go "up north" i have several destinations.

one being Houghton Lake where I have family.

Silver Lake Sand Dunes.

boondocks 30 minutes out of Westbranch where my buddy owns 250 acres and a cabin
Old 08-31-2010, 03:58 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
I both have relatives in, and go to school in Houghton, which is about 2 hours northwest of Marquette. It's a great area with plenty of trails, both walking and wheeling, and is right along the Portage Canal as well as less than 10 miles from Lake Superior, which means plenty of beaches.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:54 AM  
Got Milk?

Romeo, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by buickgnx88 View Post
I both have relatives in, and go to school in Houghton, which is about 2 hours northwest of Marquette. It's a great area with plenty of trails, both walking and wheeling, and is right along the Portage Canal as well as less than 10 miles from Lake Superior, which means plenty of beaches.
Ah, yes... The Keweenaw is perhaps the most beautiful place in Michigan.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:12 AM  

Reed City, Michigan
I've lived in Marion/Reed City area all my life. I've always assumed I lived "up north", and yet whenever we would go on vacation, it was always "up north" and we'd go up north.

So for me, it depends on who you talk to. When I'm down in the Ann Arbor or Detroit area I live "up north".

When I'm talking about ME going on vacation I usually mean U.P. Or, basically anything TC and above.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:45 PM  

Scottville, Michigan
I'm kind of the same as Homercidal in the aspect I live where a lot of people go when they head "up North". I'm in the Ludington area and would consider anything in Da' UP to be "Up North" for me personally.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:20 PM  

Grand Haven, Michigan
lol, me and my wife love to go up the traverse city, we can't get enough of it. it reminds us of grand haven, but way way bigger,lol. hopefully we will be living up there one day.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!

« Best pasty | Hello »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.