Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2010, 06:23 PM  

South of Ann Arbor, MI
About 10 years go we went "up north" and we really liked East Tawas. We kept going back for 3 or 4 years.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:02 PM  

mount prospect, il
i was in silver lake 2 years ago on the dunes and went on a off road trip in wranglers for 4 hours.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:57 AM  

Grand Rapids, MI
I usually go to Silver Lake, Ludington, or Traverse City to go Up North. I live in Grand Rapids so that is far enough for me. I used to go to Houghton Lake with the family when I was young and we lived in Holly MI.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:46 PM  

Lansing, Michigan
I just go outside!! Clare county is the gateway to the north.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:40 PM  

Lake Linden, MI
'Up North'

I find that absolutely hilarious.... Everyone refers to 'up north' as Houghton Lake and Traverse City.... I'm 'up north'.... I spend almost every weekend in the northern most point in Michigan... and that is only a few minute drive from where I live.... So.... THIS is up north.....
Old 09-25-2010, 05:12 PM  

Scottville, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepxtreme View Post
I find that absolutely hilarious.... Everyone refers to 'up north' as Houghton Lake and Traverse City.... I'm 'up north'.... I spend almost every weekend in the northern most point in Michigan... and that is only a few minute drive from where I live.... So.... THIS is up north.....
Now come on, you could go visit the little roadside outhouses in Eagle River for a trip further North . Nice country you live in up there! And you're 100% correct that you live "Up North".
Old 09-26-2010, 05:02 PM  

jacksonville, florida
grind stone city/port austin area.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:02 AM  

Muskegon, Michigan
We always go up to Pellston Michigan, farm country
Old 09-27-2010, 10:10 AM  
Got Milk?

Romeo, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepxtreme View Post
I lived in the UP for some time, and I know what you mean. I love the Keweenaw, and I would love to move there. I have some cousins in Calumet, and my ex-fiance was living in Copper Harbor the last time I checked. Hopefully she was mauled by a bear though...
Old 09-27-2010, 03:47 PM  

Sterling Heights, Michigan
Grayling and Luzerne for me.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!

« Best pasty | Hello »