Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-13-2010, 05:34 PM  

Valparaiso, Indiana
lol - well being a yooper at heart still (grew up there), I always get a kick out of people when I would say I was from up north, and people go - oh Traverse City.......

For me - Michigamme (have 80 acres there), and the wife's family lives in Calumet.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:51 AM  

South Lyon, MI
Traverse City, Charlevoix

Mom and Dad live in Kalkaska, brother lives in Charlevoix. Lake Charlevoix is very nice and a boat ride to Beaver Island is in order.

Canoe or Kayak rides on the Jordan River are nice. I know a good outfitter.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:15 AM  

Memphis, TN
I've got a cabin in Pierport. Home of the "Old Facefull" artesian well.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:58 AM  

Holland, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake03TJ View Post
With me originally being from the Upper Peninsula. I go back up to visit family and friends up in Curtis, MI... How about you guys? Where do you guys go, when you go up north?
Love the avatar! Poor Little Favre.

Anyway, I don't frequent the UP much anymore, but Iron Mountain used to be a destination every summer/fall for the off road rally race they had. That was at least 20 years ago already.

I now consider Traverse City to be Up North. Even Silver Lake can be Up North depending on the conversation.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:22 PM  

Fenton, Michigan
Lake Superior Performance Rally Rally race is this weekend in the UP
Old 10-15-2010, 07:43 AM  

Anoka, Minnesota
It kinda sucks that it's only on Saturday this year and that they don't go north of Houghton at all.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:16 AM  

Muskegon, Mi
I don't travel too far "Up North", usually just to the In-Laws cabin in Brohman. That's right around the Bitely Baldwin area. Of course we do make the annual trip to Mackinaw Island, which is always fun.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:03 AM  

Dorr, MI
Nice quiet cabin on 10 acres of wooded land near reed city in a private estates! Great for having bonfires, enjoying the scenery, watching the animals and riding around on the four wheeler!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:31 PM  

Shreveport, LA
UP north...

If you are talking about up north in Michigan you have to capitalize "UP"! while many trolls consider the shotgun-rifle boundary as the north south determinator, I think you have to truly cross the bridge to be UP north. From there it is UP to you. I am a big fan of the Keweenaw after spending four grueling years there at Tech... but you can decide for yourself.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:56 PM  

Valparaiso, Indiana
what year did you graduate from Tech? 01 for me.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!

« Best pasty | Hello »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads