Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2010, 03:45 PM  

Grand Rapids, MI
Glennie, in the Huron Nat'l forest is what I consider up north. Only been above the bridge a handfull of times, and Tequamenon falls is pretty cool

Old 11-18-2010, 10:44 AM  

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Leelanau Peninsula. No place like it on earth!!

Old 11-18-2010, 08:07 PM  
HomeBrewTalk Holdover!

Lowell, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Well, "up north" is definitely different when you have to stop at Lake Superior. I was visiting some friends in Grand Rapids back in September and they mentioned that they hunt "up north". I asked where. Apparently, they felt that the Cadillac area was as far north as Michigan went!
I was just thinking the same thing! Being from GR, I consider Cadillac the exact point where "up north" starts, with Houghton being as far "up north" as I care to go...
Old 11-19-2010, 10:17 AM  

Gladstone, MI
I get a kick out of my Lake City hoodie that says "Up North" on it. I have to travel 4 hours to get that far south!!

I consider "Up North" to be more like L'Anse, Houghton, etc. Then again I live in Gladstone, so...
Old 11-19-2010, 05:13 PM  

Fenton, MI
You can't go wrong with just heading north and ending up...where ever. My most common destination is the Manistee river to wet a line.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:38 PM  
tjb

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuronMan View Post
You can't go wrong with just heading north and ending up...where ever. My most common destination is the Manistee river to wet a line.
My family has a cabin on bear creek where i love to fly fish thats our up north for the weekend its only a few hour trip. but the lake superior coastline is the real up north and GODS COUNTRY at that
Old 11-21-2010, 08:47 AM  

Royal Oak, MI
My wife's parents live on a lake in Hillman, near Alpena. We love going up there in the summer. Also we like to visit Mackinac since it's such a short trip from the lake.

My mom and step-dad have lived all over the state - Ann Arbor, Techumseh, Alpena, Rogers City, Newberry, Marquette and now North Branch, so I've been able to visit quite a few different places.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:40 AM  

Sault Ste Marie, Michigan
'Up North' for me growing up was always either Marquette or Houghton. Now that I'm going to school in Sault Sainte Marie, there really isn't an 'up north' for me. Up North from here would be crossing the bridge into Canada.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:30 PM  

Wife's family has a place in Lewiston. We really enjoy going to the U.P. with our camper. If you have not been to the Porcupine Mountains yet, you are missing out.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:49 AM  

Bay City, MI
My parents place in pentwater, my in-laws place in Hale, and traverse city. I have great memories of all those places.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan
Bookmark this Page!

« Best pasty | Hello »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads