Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2010, 03:14 PM  

Racine, WI
Bah Humbug

Having gone shopping yesterday with the missus, standing for roughly 113 years holding her purse while she shopped for other purses, exchanging grim nods of shared misery with fellow husband sufferers, and being asked for opinions on what presents I thought would be good for people 1) I don't know; 2) I hardly know; and/or 3) I actively despise, I thought this would be a good time to say that the holidays officially suck.

I would love to hear tales of woe from others about holidays past or present, aiding me in realizing that my distaste for the six weeks between Thanksgiving and January 2 is not mine alone.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:24 PM  

Milwaukee, WI
I cannot agree with you more. I used to look forward to Christmas-- getting the chance to see family and spend time with each other. Now, Christmas is a joke! This year, Sears was putting up Christmas stuff up almost 3 weeks before Halloween. Thats just insane!

Along with that is the ideal that we need to buy our kids every freaking toy on the face of this Earth.

Im tired of this just as you are. Luckily my inlaws live 3 states over

Old 12-12-2010, 05:05 PM  

South Milwaukee, WI
There should be a law that the Christmas displays and sale will NOT be out before Thanksgiving
Old 12-21-2010, 10:15 AM  

And the music! Christmas music should not be playing until we are in December. I started hearing it Nov. 1.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
Bookmark this Page!