Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis / St Paul
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2010, 04:55 PM  

IL
I missed Town Hall on my visit, but a recent class with one of the assistant brewers convinced me I need to visit next time I am in town.

I love the Happy Gnome & The Muddy Pig when I was there for NHC...awesome places and solid menus.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:43 AM  

Minnetonka, Mn
Rock bottom brewery down by Target field. AWESOME beer and they have a brew card and you get things like hats and shirts the more beer you drink. Drink enough and they have you own personal mug AT the bar. Rock bottom brewery is out of Denver and owners also own Walnut brewery and Granite City. It's cool because you can ask the bartender about the beers and he'll know everything there is to know since they brew it on spot behind the bar. Get there ASAP anyone who hasn't been there, awesome happy hour.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:36 PM  

Muddy pig and happy knome are solid choices. Cheers
Old 12-02-2010, 03:41 PM  

I would vote for Barley John's in New Brighton.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:52 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklaman View Post
I would vote for Barley John's in New Brighton.
Man that is awesome place too! Don't forget about the winter fest coming up and mash out.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:40 PM  
Homebrewer

Lindstrom, MN
My favorites are:
1. Minneapolis Town Hall
2. The Happy Gnome
3. Great Waters
4. The Muddy Pig
5. The Bulldog

All have great beers, good food, and fairly priced. I dunno about the frequent flier type of deals but I don't pass up opportunities to go to any of these places.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:49 PM  

Minneapolis, MN
Just made it out to Barley John's in New Brighton today. Despite the fact that I venture into the suburban wasteland as rarely as possible, I'd like to say I'd go back there. Very good beer, good food, quaint atmosphere. It got a little loud once all of the ******-bag loan officers and realtors showed up and talked at an inappropriately loud volume for the cozy size of the place, but other than that, loved it!
Old 12-04-2010, 12:03 PM  

Maple Grove, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Just made it out to Barley John's in New Brighton today. Despite the fact that I venture into the suburban wasteland as rarely as possible, I'd like to say I'd go back there. Very good beer, good food, quaint atmosphere. It got a little loud once all of the ******-bag loan officers and realtors showed up and talked at an inappropriately loud volume for the cozy size of the place, but other than that, loved it!
I love that Brew Pub! I actually just applied there for assistant brewer. Cross your filangies!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:44 PM  
Homebrewer

Lindstrom, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
In all honesty I've only been there once and was not impressed at all. However, I keep hearing about how great it is. I wonder if I went there just before they cleaned or changed out their beer lines. I'm going to have to try them out again soon I guess
Old 12-08-2010, 10:26 AM  

Bryan, TX
Greatwaters in downtown St. Paul is great on a Sunday morning for their Kegs, Pegs, and Eggs special. I don't usually get the breakfast, but cheap beer and cribbage is the best way to spend a Sunday morning.

Also, Burger Moe's just opened up by Cosetta's downtown, I tried that once, the food is good, and they have a very nice selection of regional beers.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis / St Paul
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.