Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis / St Paul
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2010, 07:11 PM  

Minneapolis, MN
Summit Brewery

Anyone been? I've been thinking about going on a tour lately, and was curious if anyone else had been?

Old 11-19-2010, 10:38 AM  

Minneapolis, MN
It is a pretty good tour. A definite larger brewery. I would suggest touring somewhere like Surly if you have a chance. You get to meet people who actually do the work at Surly rather than volunteers at Summit.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:56 AM  

Minneapolis, MN
+1, Summit tour is worth doing. Bottling operation was pretty impressive... Surly (if you are able to secure a tour) has a good tour with a heartwarming tale of the little guy prevailing. fun.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:03 PM  

Minneapolis, MN
Sounds great, I've been looking at the Surly tour, but every time I look all of them are full. Have to keep trying! Know of any other breweries around the cities that do tours?
Old 11-20-2010, 06:33 AM  

The Leinie's tour is pretty good if you wanted to spend a Saturday in WI, you could probably squeeze in Point too. The Point brewmaster gave us the tour and he was very free with information.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:37 AM  

While you're at Point, the guys at Crystal Waters in Amherst, WI have a really cool operation.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:59 AM  

Minneapolis, MN
Although I have never been on them, Flat Earth and Lift Bridge (next year) offer tours.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:47 AM  

Minneapolis
The only bad thing about the summit tour is that you don't get beer until the end!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:19 PM  

Bend, OR
I lived in the cities from 90-93 and fell in love with Summit Pale ale. Would go to Liquor Lyle's and get a pitcher of it to go with the free wings during Happy Hour. I just had that old bartender's name on the tip of my tongue.....

I moved to Bend and started working at Deschutes Brewery and discovered Mirror Pond. When I would go back to Mlps for holidays, I would bring a case of Mirror Pond for my step dad and he always had a case or 2 of Summit for me in exchange.

Now they live in Tucson and it doesn't look like I will be having a Summit Pale ale anytime soon. Enjoy one for me please!
Old 11-22-2010, 03:18 PM  

St. Paul, MN
I went this summer. It was interesting, but kind of slow. Still, it's some neat stuff, and they give you a few free drinks, including one of the Unchained series, so it's worth the trip down there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis / St Paul
Bookmark this Page!