Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis / St Paul
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2011, 08:20 AM  
Homebrewer

Lindstrom, MN
Wasted Law Enforcement Resources

Have you been texting, sir? | StarTribune.com

These troopers spent two hours to find two distracted motorists? I don't text and drive and in fact I'll usually call someone in if I see them doing it.

If I were pulled over I certainly wouldn't give the officer my cell phone so he can look for messages. Go get a warrant!

Old 04-22-2011, 11:05 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Wow... I'm so proud of our state...

Old 04-22-2011, 02:52 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I neither text nor tweet. I did have a brief experience using a cell phone in a car. After 3 calls I stopped answering and called them back when out of the car.

If calls and driving conditions were somehow coordinated it might work but the average driver can barely cope with parallel parking.

I saw a kid (16) from a Portland suburb in court after his texting killed two of his friends in an accident. The kid had al the signs of shock. He was obviously numbed by reality having disrupted his illusions of youthful immortality.

I was taught serious defensive driving with two hands on the wheel and full use of all mirrors.

Sorry if this seems to disrupt some lives but you did without in car communications up till now so you won't be missing a limb, just silliness.
Wasted Law Enforcement Resources-color-texting-driver-web.jpg 

Wasted Law Enforcement Resources-dt1.jpg 

Wasted Law Enforcement Resources-graphic-states-laws-banning-texting.jpg 

Wasted Law Enforcement Resources-texting-driving-don-wright.jpg 

Wasted Law Enforcement Resources-texting-driving-middle-tweet.jpg 

Wasted Law Enforcement Resources-textingdrivingdeaths.com.jpg 

Wasted Law Enforcement Resources-texting_lane.jpg 

Wasted Law Enforcement Resources-texting-while-driving-2-.jpg 

Wasted Law Enforcement Resources-d-t.jpg 

Wasted Law Enforcement Resources-texting-while-driving.jpg 

Old 04-28-2011, 12:31 PM  

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Quote:
Go get a warrant!
Michigan: Police Search Cell Phones During Traffic Stops

No doubt! I'm shocked by some of the invasion taking place under the guise of security.

If we're so worried about this then we need to educate & parent well enough that our kids will stand up for their safety if in a car where the driver is texting. Every late model phone also has text to speech applications installed; learn to use them. More policing isn't the answer to problems, it's parenting, individual responsibility, personal advocacy, & education.

Speaking relatively & by volume, text messages resulting in auto accidents is extremely rare. Statistically - goats are more dangerous to drivers than text messages.

There's a reason why these cases are impossible to prosecute: because they're ridiculous & do nothing to serve the public.

Regardless:
Since when do we infringe with precedence upon the rights of billions in order to pretend we're saving three or even 300?

Since 9/11? Or maybe battling the nanny is a timeless episode...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis / St Paul
Bookmark this Page!