Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2010, 10:34 AM  

Cranston
Mall of America

Is the mall of America worth the trip, or is it pure chaos? I'm curious about the theme park and leggo land inside. Feedback?

Old 08-29-2010, 05:22 PM  

Saint James, MN
If you enjoy a good power shop, it's worth it. It isn't usually chaos because it covers so much territory. The food courts can be a bit nutty during peak times, but the shops are no more crowded than any regular old mall. There is so much to see and lots of shops that specialize in specific lines. Travel in and out is pretty easy and parking is ample (just don't forget where you parked).

Old 08-30-2010, 09:28 AM  

Cranston
Wow, that definitely answers my question! Love shopping, so I think I'll plan a trip soon... Thanks for your feedback. What dinning is available in the area?
Old 09-09-2010, 09:45 AM  

Eden Prairie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonL View Post
Is the mall of America worth the trip, or is it pure chaos? I'm curious about the theme park and leggo land inside. Feedback?
I love the Mall of America! Yes, it can get crowded, but what mall doesn't? It's so massive you can't tell half the time how many people are actually there. I would definitely recommend making the trip!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:46 AM  

Lindstrom, MN
It's worth the trip. But I don't make a regular habit of going there.

Mostly because it's expensive. And some of the people drive me nuts.

Although, I don't spend a whole lot of time in Wal-Mart for those same reasons.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:50 AM  

Big Lake, MN
As of right now, the Lego store is closed for remodeling. Once its re-opened it is definately worth going just for that. I haven't actually visited the theme park yet, but after my fiance and I are married we will be doing that.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:24 PM  

Bemidji, MN
I've been numerous times, and the wife always likes going. Personally, i dont really shop at any malls, not with the internet making everything accessable from my underwear in the living room, let alone cheaper. We have gone down for exhibit type things, like the Body exhibit, with cadavers, and to the underwater world for son's birthday. So there are still some neat things, if you dont mind seemingly millions of people
Old 10-01-2010, 09:15 AM  

Eden Prairie
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon_138 View Post
Personally, i dont really shop at any malls, not with the internet making everything accessable from my underwear in the living room, let alone cheaper.
This is true. Last time I went I only made it into a couple stores. I went more for the overall experience--- and exercise, walking around that mall has to burn a couple of calories!!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:49 PM  

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
I have lived in the Cities for 11 years and I still enjoy going to the Mall of America once in a while. It's nice because you can find anything you need. Definately worth the trip!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:49 AM  

Mpls, Minnesota
I go there quite a bit. I have a friend that works there so I drop in from time to time. I myself like the atmosphere. I was actually there the first day it opened up. Fireworks inside!!! hahah. Obviously it's not your typical mall, being you have a lot of food venues to choose from, amusement park, lego land (for you)...like said, it's closed for now. If you like shopping or just strolling around in a mall...you would enjoy it. Look out for the Salt of the Dead Sea people. They will try to suck you in! They will radiate your skin and polish your hands. They talk it up very well. I like to pretend I'm interested, because they to are pretenders.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Bookmark this Page!