Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2010, 01:11 AM  

Anoka, Minnesota
Rides at the mall are geared for the shorter slight of build person. If you are running at about six foot and a little bit of weight it isn't going to be fun riding in some of those rides.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:43 PM  

oakdale, ca
I'm from CA and have been there twice. Its worth the trip

Old 11-19-2010, 06:13 PM  

Saint Paul, Minnesota
The mall is definatly worth the trip. Nikoldean Universe is a great time and only about 18 dollars for unlimited rides from 5p to 9p. Usually by that time most of the children are leaving and it can be pretty empty with almost no lines by 7p on a weekday. Underwater world is also worth the $20 if you have never been there. it is a pretty cool experince. Nothing like the Dallas World Aquarium, but still very cool.
There are also a lot of other things to do in the area:
The World Of Fish in Richfield. Really cool fish store with over 10,000 gallons of fresh and salt water fish. Probably the most diverse collection of fish in MN. I would guess they might have more species then underwater world.

Water Park of America is a pretty good indoor water park.

IKEA, is across the street from the MOA

The Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge is about a 1/2 mile from the MOA and is a great place to hike and bird watch. They also have an really nice visitor center with several displays and gift shop. This is one of my favorite places to go fishing and hiking in the twin cities area.

Historic Fort Snelling is also only around 4 miles from the MOA.

There is a large number of great restaurants in the are also.

I guess the my point is that if you get bored of the mall or want to make a weekend out out of the trip there are plenty of other things to do in the immediate area. Let alone the rest ot the twin cities, where there are so many fun and interesting things to do it would take at least month to do them all.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:18 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
In all honesty that part of the Twin Cities is kind of dead. There are other areas that provide just as much if not more. Maple Grove for one. But if you want to be inside a huge building then the MOA is the way to go.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:50 PM  

Minneapolis, MN
Skip it. I live about a mile from it and avoid it like the plague.

It's a massive disgusting testiment to the groteque culture of consumerism in America. Plus, its just a mall. A big stupid mall. Skip it, seriously. There are 10,000 reasons to visit MN that don't include the mall.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:52 AM  
Eve

Jamestown, ND
I don't even want to think what chaos this mall will reek on black friday lol
Old 11-23-2010, 09:55 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
You would have to be crazy to go anywhere on Black Friday. But actually if you went to the MOA on Black Friday I bet you wouldn't see that many people. Most people go out on Black Friday to find deals. Those are not found in the mall.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:39 AM  

Duluth, Minnesota
it's really not that bad if you can get there on a day when high schoolers are all in school. but growing up locally i couldnt imagine making a trip to the twin cities to shop at MOA. however i dont really enjoy shopping. if you like shopping then it would probably be a ton of fun to stay at the hotel with the indoor water park. ikea is also a fun stop if youre in the market for a new living room set.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:34 PM  

litchfield, mn
Def a place to find everything your looking for.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:44 AM  
mot

Pass on it and just go to some specialty shops and go see some other sites. Horrible buts place.
I have been there maybe a dozen times, most of those not by choice and I live about 10 mintues away. Everyone I know around the area avoids the place like the plague

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Bookmark this Page!