Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2010, 01:48 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Please give me one good reason to visit Minnesota

I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks

Old 09-24-2010, 08:57 AM  

Millville, Minnesota
Driving the North shore of Lake Superior is spectacular. Lots of camping spots up there, color should be great in about a month...

I like Ely, too. You can enjoy a lot of canoe country without having to actually go in to the BWCA. Live wolves at the wolf center, live bears at the bear center....

I live closer to Wabasha. There you can visit the eagles at the National Eagle Center....

I can think of thousands of more reasons....

But if you want to visit us in southern Minnesota, you may want to wait until it dries out a little....

Old 09-26-2010, 06:38 AM  

Lindstrom, MN
Minneapolis has the second largest theater district in the Nation (second only to New York).

The Mall of America.

The soon to be World Champion Minnesota Twins!

The Baxter OHV park!

Superior National Forest.

And the only place you can find Minnesota Nice!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:52 AM  

Big Lake, MN
The beautiful country around New Ulm & Red Wing is a great reason IMHO.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:11 PM  

Bemidji, MN
Im obviously a bit biased, but Bemidji has some great fishing and hunting if your into that. I will second the norht shore, the best, especially this time of year
Old 10-04-2010, 07:28 PM  

Kabetogama, Minnesota
Voyageurs National Park, Lake Kabetogama. Beautiful country, no crowds! Check out some pictures here-Voyageurs National Park
Old 10-06-2010, 05:23 PM  

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCinLA View Post
I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A. Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks
Minnesota in general, and Minneapolis/St Paul in particular, has much to offer the would-be visitor. Several nationally recognized art & science museums, the world renouned Guthre Theater, not to mention the Ordway and Minneapolis & St Paul Children's Theaters. Then there is the Minnesota Zooilogical Garden and the Como Park Zoo... the 'Back to the 50s' streetrod weekend... and, of course, over 11,000 lakes to fish, hunting and camping...

We are more than just the MOA.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:22 AM  

Mpls, Minnesota
Lakes, rivers, and streams. Tons of great state parks, many recreational parks as well. It's quiet and tranquil in northern MN. North Shore is amazing...and believe it or not, there are people who surf the Great Lakes. I for one would like too.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:14 PM  

Duluth, MN
I agree to the Red Wing and the Duluth Areas! Drive from one to the other and spend a night in one of the many B&B's in either location. Both are exquisite.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:02 AM  

Oakdale, MN
North Shore and Duluth are very amazing spots to check out. If you are the outdoors type there is a ton of camping and hiking. I see a Jeep in your avatar. If you are looking to wheel go to Gilbert Iron Range.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota
Bookmark this Page!