Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2010, 03:23 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Kirksville

Hey guys!

I'm looking into AT Still, the medical school in Kirksville, MO. I've got a wife and two kids, so naturally I'm trying to feel out the community before I decide to apply to that school.

The entire area seems very nice, and it definitely seems like it's got a good rural feel to it which I really think my family and I would enjoy.

I did request a sub-forum for Kirksville, but we need some more requests before it'll become official, so be sure and request it! Thank you and I look forward to your feedback -

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-12-2010, 06:34 PM  

Between Kansas and Illinois
It is a nice area especially this time of the year the trees are beautiful. Lots of hunting and fishing in lakes and farm ponds if you are into that. There aren't too many places to wheel but south Missouri isn't but a few hours away or Hannibal for that matter.
Hope you make it to med school and good luck with your studies.
I am about 50 south of Kirksville and went to school at Truman when it was Northeast Missouri State University....class of '76....kinda shows my age lol.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:48 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I plan on going to SEMO actually down by Cape Girardeau for my undergrad, and then come up to Kirksvillve for post-grad.

I've definitely read a lot about it, and haven't read anything really bad yet - definitely makes me feel comfortable.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-03-2010, 01:48 PM  
MO is the best

Marceline, MO
Kirksville has a lot to offer a family. It is a nice smaller town feel but big city appeal. You will love it here.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:06 AM  
Brew Master Nate

Anchorage, Alaska
My Wife and I went to college in Kirksville, Truman State University. Its a nice little town with that big city appeal, however you will feel as though the town closes at 5 pm. The area will give you that time to focus on your studies for sure but the big three are all about an hour and a half to 3 hours away, Kansas City, St. Louis and Jefferson City (the capitol). If you are looking to get a way and do some shopping and some larger big city stuff, your not too far, but the area surrounding is still nice. My favorite was going to Thousand Hills State Park, beautiful lake with many parks along the water to picnic or fish. With a lodge house/diner and boat rentals there is always somthing to do. Loved it while I was there.

lainatancontrolledchaos.blogspot.com

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Bookmark this Page!