Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2010, 12:53 PM  

Murphy, NC
I grew up in North St. Louis and I have great memories of that place! I remember visiting the Ozarks a few times and loved it. I've moved to W. NC and love it just as much but I sure do miss my St. Louis Blues!! Missouri is a great state to live in, and like someone else said, I miss having four seasons also

Old 10-11-2010, 02:08 PM  

Springfield, Missouri
There is also some good wheeling places in Missouri, if you like off roading.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:19 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I absolutely like off-roading, and that is one of my huge necessities!

I read in JP Magazine about a few courses down there, but I'd love to hear from some locals about trails down in the Southern part of MO.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-13-2010, 02:29 PM  

Springfield, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I absolutely like off-roading, and that is one of my huge necessities!

I read in JP Magazine about a few courses down there, but I'd love to hear from some locals about trails down in the Southern part of MO.
I'm not quite sure whats down in Southeast Missouri but I know we have SMORR in Seymour, Missouri.
SMORR is an awesome place. They got a nice camp site and very good facilities. I believe they have 1000 acres and they have trails ranging from level 1 to 5, 5 being the hardest.

The level 1 trails are mostly the Ranch Road, just gravel. It is a fun place to go though.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:55 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Sweet! How do they work - daily price, seasonal membership, etc?

Old 10-14-2010, 02:32 PM  

Springfield, Missouri
They might have some kind of member ship deal, not sure.

~ Okay just went on their site SMORR, Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch - Rates & Fees

1 day: $20 per vehicle, $5 per passenger
2 days: $35 per vehicle, $10 per passenger
3 days: $45 per vehicle, $15 per passenger
4 days: $55 per vehicle, $20 per passenger

The link should also list the camping fees.

Here is the trail map if ya want to take a look
http://smorr.net/_d/smorr_mapart_2008.pdf

It helped us out a lot... but we still got lost. It's a pretty big area.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:45 PM  

kansas city, missouri
you would be close to sikeston, then you can go to lamberts, home of the thrown roll.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:55 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
thanks Redrock! That's a super helpful website man. Exactly what I was looking for!

You go up there? I'm sure there's a lot of groups - I'd love to get into that when I get over there!

Old 10-15-2010, 07:01 AM  

Success, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill1 View Post
I'm considering a move to Missouri myself, probably around the Salem area. How are land prices these days?
About 6 months ago I bought 3 acres in Success, about 45minutes west. I paid about $10,500. It has good PAVED road access and utilities at the land. I have 3 acres for sale close to Fort Leonard Wood for $14,800 with utilities and good access. It is further from Salem than you would want but kind of gives you an idea of prices.

You will find the price of land varies. It is can be difficult to find smaller pieces of land. What you need to make sure of is good access with a RECORDED easement and access to utilities. You don't want to try to save a few bucks on land and find out it is going to cost you a small fortune to build a road and get utilities to the property.

If you buy a home that is already built make sure you are careful and get a good inspection. For the most part there are now building codes out here.

I really suggest getting a Realtor to help you or make a visit here your self. You can check Craig?s List but doubt you will find much. If you want to go it on your own got to www.rollnet .com . Be careful and make sure you involve a title company and the deed is good. Check for recorded easement, also verify it actually exists.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:18 AM  

Success, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Hey Missouri-ans!

My name's Jake, and I'm an active duty Marine stationed out here on Oahu with my wife and two kids.

I'm planning on getting out of the Corps in 2013, and we're seriously considering SE Missouri for our new home. My in-laws live in Jackson, MO in the Cape Girardeau area. So we're looking around at houses in Cape Girardeau, Jackson, Patton, etc.

Anybody on here from around that area?

I guess I'm just curious about what any guy thinks about... how's the hunting, wheeling, and how are the people?

I appreciate any feedback!
Check out Military Jeepers - U.S. Military Servicemembers and Veterans that own Jeeps and go to the Midwest section and then the Fort Leonard Wood section. There is a good group of people there to get linked up with.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.