Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2010, 04:39 PM  

St Louis, MO
What's your favorite Pizza joint?

I'm on a never ending journey to find great pizza, specifically in St Louis, but also through out Missouri. I'm always up for a good road trip...

A couple of my fav's are:

Frank & Helen's in U-city.
G&D in Columbia.
Pizza Work's in Moberly.

So let's hear it, what's you favorite Pizza joint and why. Convince me I should try it.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:07 AM  

Rolla, Mo
I don't know how anyone that has grown up in St. Louis could pass up this thread and not mention Imo's. Imo's is not pizza, it is Imo's. I grew up on the stuff. There are three foods I crave and have to get a fix for in the world (and I traveled a lot when younger). They are the following:
Imo's Pizza
Crescent Lasagna
White Castles

Need to get some Imo's this weekend! To bad they are 45 minutes away from me now (my fault, not theirs).

Old 09-28-2010, 12:56 PM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker777 View Post
I don't know how anyone that has grown up in St. Louis could pass up this thread and not mention Imo's. Imo's is not pizza, it is Imo's. I grew up on the stuff. There are three foods I crave and have to get a fix for in the world (and I traveled a lot when younger). They are the following:
Imo's Pizza
Crescent Lasagna
White Castles

Need to get some Imo's this weekend! To bad they are 45 minutes away from me now (my fault, not theirs).
Stryker777,

unfortunately I didn't grow up in St Louis, so Imo's isn't quite my thing, but if somebody else is buying it I'll certainly eat my share. White Castles is another story, it seems like you can never eat enough, the pile of little box's just grows and grows.

Never heard of Crescent Lasagna so I google'd it, looks like something I would have craved from my youth also..
Old 09-29-2010, 11:55 AM  

Independence, MO
you are gonna laugh...and it may not be worth the trip depending if there is one around your area...but some really good and cheap pizza is....COSTCO...ok, go ahead and poke fun but i really like the pizza there.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:24 PM  

St. Louis, MO
COMO has Shakespears, hard to find someone with something bad to say.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:36 PM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by murilstone View Post
you are gonna laugh...and it may not be worth the trip depending if there is one around your area...but some really good and cheap pizza is....COSTCO...ok, go ahead and poke fun but i really like the pizza there.
Yep, been there done that. It's pretty good in fact I wrote about it on my pizza blog (see sig) and I get hits on it daily. It's Costco pizza if... I'm there and my wife won't let me stop at a real pizza joint on the way home.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:39 PM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by docthirst View Post
COMO has Shakespears, hard to find someone with something bad to say.
I made it to Shakespears earlier this year, it was pretty good. I've no doubt I will find my way there again someday.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:32 AM  

Casper
When I visit, I go to Pi-Pizzeria.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:25 PM  

Saint Louis, Missouri
ABI (anything but Imo's).

I prefer Dewey's - there's one in UCity and another in Kirkwood - damn fine pizza.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:40 PM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon_3 View Post
When I visit, I go to Pi-Pizzeria.
Did the Pi thing (thick and thin) and it didn't quite live up to the hype in my book, but somebody else is buying I'll eat it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Bookmark this Page!