Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2010, 02:10 PM  

Rolla, Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95jeeper View Post
There are 2 pizza places in Rolla. GOOD old fashioned pizza. Both have been around a long time. Both still family owned and operated I'd say for over 50 years.(1) pryor's pizza (2) alex's pizza
I've heard of both but have never had either. We live about 45 minutes from there and do all of our shopping in Rolla. Some day I will have to take the family out to try some new places. Which one do you think is better? What kind of Jeep are you driving too? We have a 95 YJ, 93 ZJ, and 92 XJ.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:37 PM  

Georgia
We lived for three years in St. Louis. It's a great place for pizza.

Sera's Pizza in Maryland Heights (St. Louis burb). I believe it's on the corner of McKelvey and McKelvey. 12218 McKelvey Road.

Fortel's Pizza Den. Multiple St. Louis locations. We always went to the one in Kirkwood.

Both joints are great and have web pages. We preferred Sera's. They have great salads and do great things with artichoke hearts.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:06 AM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95jeeper View Post
There are 2 pizza places in Rolla. GOOD old fashioned pizza. Both have been around a long time. Both still family owned and operated I'd say for over 50 years.(1) pryor's pizza (2) alex's pizza
Two more on the list, Sounds like I will have to spend a long weekend in southwest MO. I had pretty good pie in Rolla several years ago, but I can't remember where it was.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:09 AM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthsonic View Post
My favorite pizza place is called Leo's Pizza in Kansas City. Their cheese pizza is amazing!

I have to go through KC to get to the mountains, on the list. Thanks
Old 11-04-2010, 11:11 AM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsklz View Post
I haven't tried to order it in a while, not sure if they still have it, but I know they used to have a thicker crust. It's almost like a hand tossed.
I like the thin crust, just not to keen on the Provel cheese. I'll eat it, just don't want to spend my money on it.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:17 AM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpower View Post
There are so many different pizza places to choose from, it kind of depends on my mood for what sounds good.
IMO's is normally my first choice, but Pappa Johns hits the spot sometimes too. And for CHEAP pizza that is actually pretty decent, we'll hit the local Sam's Club when the need arises.

I grew up on Shakey's pizza and Panterra's, but sadly those are long gone now.
I'll do the Pappa's but If somebody else is paying, Sam's has a good slice as you say "when the need arises".

There are a couple of Pantera's still around St Louis, I'm pretty sure the one in Maplewood is still there, but not sure if it's the same as you remember. I have had Pantera's, but it's been so many years ago I can't remember.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:19 AM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamzo View Post
+1 Imo's. If you cross the river from St.L into Illinois check out The wine tap in Belleville for an absolutely amazing experience
Another from across the river, on the list.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:22 AM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by winemaker_3352 View Post
St. Louis area has Imo's and Dewey's, Springfield area - have to go with
Mazzio's Pizza.
I seem to remember Mazzio's Pizza in Columbia years ago, may have replaced Ken's Pizza on the Business Loop.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:25 AM  

St Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDude View Post
We lived for three years in St. Louis. It's a great place for pizza.

Sera's Pizza in Maryland Heights (St. Louis burb). I believe it's on the corner of McKelvey and McKelvey. 12218 McKelvey Road.

Fortel's Pizza Den. Multiple St. Louis locations. We always went to the one in Kirkwood.

Both joints are great and have web pages. We preferred Sera's. They have great salads and do great things with artichoke hearts.
I did Sera's a few years ago, I'll have to make it back there again. Thanks for the reminder.

I get to fortel's maybe a couple times a year with a big family group, always good.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:58 AM  

St Louis, MO
Just in case anybody is keeping track here is the list so far, not counting chains (Imo's, Mazzio's, Costco, etc). They are in no particular order. You didn't think I was keeping track did you...

Pizza to do list:

* Laganini Pizzeria and Restaurant, St Louis
* Monte Bello Pizzeria, St Louis
* Bono?s Pizzaria, St Louis
* Woody's Wood Fire Pizza, Joplin, MO
* Blue?s Market, Newburg, MO
* Friday's South, Collinsville, IL
* Pizza Quick, Jefferson City, MO (google can?t seem to find it.)
* That's a Nice'a Pizza, Arnold, MO
* Pryor's Fresh Pizza, Rolla, MO (had pizza here a few years ago)
* Alex's Pizza Palace, Rolla, MO
* Leo's Pizza, Kansas City, MO
* Wine Tap, Belleville, IL
* Sera's Pizzeria, Maryland Heights, MO (St Louis)

Keep them coming. It may take me awhile but sooner or later I will get to them.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri
Bookmark this Page!