Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Mobile
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2011, 10:10 AM  

Golden, CO.
April/May trip to Gulf Coast

We are planning a trip to the Gulf Coast states 4/25 - 5/10. Looking for info on weather, things to do and things to see.
Thanks , I'd appreciate any helpful information.

Ed

Old 01-14-2011, 11:02 AM  
I Need Beach Season NOW!

Daphne, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi0523 View Post
We are planning a trip to the Gulf Coast states 4/25 - 5/10. Looking for info on weather, things to do and things to see.
Thanks , I'd appreciate any helpful information.

Ed
April and May usually have the best weather of the year; warm temps and low humidity. Very little rainfall.

As you drive across Mobile bay on I-10 you will see the USS Alabama (WW-II Battleship) very interesting if you are into that kind of thing.

Of course the beaches at Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.

For the history buffs you will find two Civil War forts. The famous quote "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" came from the battle of Mobile Bay. Fort Gaines is located on Dauphin Island on the west side of the mouth of Mobile Bay and Fort Morgan is located in Baldwin County on the east side of the entrance to the bay.

There are other things but can't list them all. Hope this helps.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:39 PM  
Wandering, not lost.

Grand Junction, CO
Pensacola isn't far, and has an excellent (FREE) Naval Aviation museum. Tour guides are all volunteers, mostly retired Navy pilots. Also a light house close to the museum. Both are on the base.

Belingrath (sp?) Gardens south of Mobile is neat too.

Can't forget Bass Pro!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:39 PM  

Pensacola, Florida
Pensacola is a great place to visit. The beaches are great and lots of great local restaurants.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Mobile
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads