Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Mobile
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2010, 12:10 PM  

Bryan, Ohio
I'm only in Mobile a few time a year, and Alabama doesn't have reciprocity with Ohio
So I usually don't carry when I'm there but I always carry when I'm in Montgomery.
I prefer a walther pps 9mm. It's very small and light it only 7 rounds but really I don't plan on shooting it out with a militia ---- I think Elmer Keith once said when talking about revolvers vs. semiautos "if I need more than 5 rounds in a gun fight I've already lost" I think that applies even if you're carring a semiauto

Old 12-20-2010, 07:53 PM  

Birmingham, AL
I carry but I am very cautious about where I go with it. You are in for a rude awakening if you get caught with it in the wrong place. I'm also careful because I know it has the potential to put a police officer on edge. I always let the officer know that I have a pistol and a permit before they ask just to be up front and let them know that I intend on complying.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:55 PM  
Mod Medic

Loxley, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by next633 View Post
I'm only in Mobile a few time a year, and Alabama doesn't have reciprocity with Ohio
So I usually don't carry when I'm there but I always carry when I'm in Montgomery.
I prefer a walther pps 9mm. It's very small and light it only 7 rounds but really I don't plan on shooting it out with a militia ---- I think Elmer Keith once said when talking about revolvers vs. semiautos "if I need more than 5 rounds in a gun fight I've already lost" I think that applies even if you're carring a semiauto
I would rather have my three 15 round mags and only use 7 than to have just fired my no 7 and still not eleminated the threat.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:09 PM  

I currently dont have a CC permit but i do carry my 40 in my "car" anywhere I go. I have been stopped many times accross the country and as long as your honest and tell them you have it and you arent doing anything illegal then they dont care. But just my persoanl Experience so dont take it as thats what always happens.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:51 AM  
Mod Medic

Loxley, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JkjeepCPL
I currently dont have a CC permit but i do carry my 40 in my "car" anywhere I go. I have been stopped many times accross the country and as long as your honest and tell them you have it and you arent doing anything illegal then they dont care. But just my persoanl Experience so dont take it as thats what always happens.
Good luck, some parts of the country the Leo's aren't as friendly with that sorta thing.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Mobile
Bookmark this Page!