Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Mobile
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-13-2010, 07:18 PM  

Birmingham, Alabama
Mobile Economy - How Long To Recovery?

Austal has two more contracts. TK steel plant is starting up. Things are looking up. What is your feeling about the recovery?

Old 11-28-2010, 07:16 PM  

I think we are better than many areas, but I am concerned still. Retail is down, welfare is up. We will see what happens, but what I see is alot more people on food stamps and section 8 housing. I am sure this is everywhere...and were certainly better than detroit

Old 12-22-2010, 03:42 PM  

If Congress decides to build 10 more of the LCS-2 class Littoral Combat Ships, should be a really good thing for the Mobile economy. Should make Austal a steady source of employment for quite some time.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:00 PM  
Mod Medic

Loxley, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
If Congress decides to build 10 more of the LCS-2 class Littoral Combat Ships, should be a really good thing for the Mobile economy. Should make Austal a steady source of employment for quite some time.
I saw on the cover of the press register where that was approved.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:13 AM  

kentucky
Hello from Kentucky. I was wondering if the gulf shores area or Mobile in general, is a good place to live and work, as far as job opportunities and cost of living?
Old 01-14-2011, 10:40 AM  
I Need Beach Season NOW!

Daphne, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyguy79 View Post
Hello from Kentucky. I was wondering if the gulf shores area or Mobile in general, is a good place to live and work, as far as job opportunities and cost of living?
Job market is good.
Cost of living is good.
Quality of life is great. (If you like fishing, going to the beach, and having a good time in general)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama > Mobile
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.