Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-26-2010, 08:59 AM  

Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazing View Post
The most amazing hike I have ever been on was the loop to granite peak chalet then over Swiftcurrent pass to Many Glacier. It can be done in a day. The hike up can be hard but I would recommend doing it this way. The hike up is just that a hike, not a lot to see but still beautiful. We stayed in the campground just below Granite Peak Chalet, and when we left in the morning once you start down Swiftcurrent Pass the view is astonishing. You have all the lakes in front of you and glacial waterfalls on your right, and you are standing on a sheer cliff. unforgettable!
I'll have to add that to my itinerary.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:08 PM  

check out seeley lake, it is a little south of glacier but well worth it.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:25 PM  

We lived in Kalispell Montana. Not to far from the Park. A very beautiful place. It is worth the trip. Flathead lake is just as nice.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:22 AM  

Kalispell, Montana
Sounds like these guys are already on helping you out with things to do while you're here.

Just a side note, there is a vehicle length limit for the sun road. I want to say it is in the 24 foot range.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:26 PM  

Kalispell, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzican View Post
Sounds like these guys are already on helping you out with things to do while you're here.

Just a side note, there is a vehicle length limit for the sun road. I want to say it is in the 24 foot range.
you'd have to be crazy to take a 24 ft vehicle on the going to the sun road. I'd suggest renting a car.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:59 PM  

Great Falls, Montana
Apgar is the only place that you can bring a 34 ft rv that is in the park that I know of and a pretty good starting point for daily adventures. It is close to the entrance on the west end of the park and has everything you could need. I would go in late july, early august for the best flowers, greenest countryside, and waterfalls going full blast. It is also the best time to avoid bad weather. You can go on the glacier park site and reserve sites at the campgrounds/rv parks which is highly recommended due to how busy it gets.Picture from apgar looking out at Lake Mcdonald.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:31 PM  

Great Falls, Montana

Old 01-25-2011, 05:38 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Woah!! That looks nice!
Kudo's for the pics garin3!
Old 01-28-2011, 01:57 PM  

Kalispell, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreinsteiner View Post
you'd have to be crazy to take a 24 ft vehicle on the going to the sun road. I'd suggest renting a car.
Last time I was up the Sun Highway pretty sure it was either a 24 or 26 foot limit on vehicle assembly length.
I don't think 24 feet is so "crazy".....many crew cab long box trucks have to be in the neighborhood of 20 feet long. My wife's Yukon XL is probably 18 feet long and I'd have no problems adding an extra 6 feet on it and still feeling comfortable.
I was just simply pointing out what their length limit is, crazy or not I guess is up to the driver.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:51 PM  

Indiana
I went to Glacier the first week in June in 2006 and Going to the Sun was still snowed shut. It is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.