Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-01-2010, 10:43 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelingPlus View Post
Here is an image that my wife took on her cell phone
Wow, it looks like something you'd see in a calendar!

Old 10-08-2010, 04:22 PM  

Billings, Montana
1. Glacier National Park
2. The Beartooth Mountains
3. Bridger Bowl near Bozeman for some skiing in the winter.

Anywhere where there are few people and a lot of space. Wait a minute that is almost the whole state. I prefer from the Beartooth's west. That way you get the mountains. I know some people love eastern Montana but that is not for me.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:05 AM  

Ronan, MT
To me the best thing about the state is the genuineness of most of the people. There are, of course, many diverse opinions, but people are pretty free to think and believe how they want.

What people of Montana don't want is to have outsiders move in and try to change it into what they moved from.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:01 PM  

Helena, Montana
the SNOW it's awesome here in the winter time. hittin the hills is the cat's pajamas.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:48 PM  

Eureka, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateofmt View Post
There are, of course, many diverse opinions, but people are pretty free to think and believe how they want.
Yep, that's for sure. I can openly say that I'm proud to be a straight, white female, and that I love my neighbors, whether they're the same as me or not! Now THAT'S tolerance. A place where I'm not forced to somehow support the notion that certain lifestyles are better.

Montana is a tough place to make a go of it, but the people here really put out the effort. They tend to have a good attitude about it too. Makes it fun to live here.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:45 AM  

Lewistown, Montana
Best place in Montana

Best place in Montana is Lewistown --- just about in the geographic center of the state. Lewistown is surrounded by the following island mountain ranges:
Judith Mountains (to the east/northeast); Little Snowies (east); Big Snowies (south); South and North Mocassin Mountains (to the north/northwest). High plains prairie and mountains too. And the absolute best pure spring water for the city water supply (great fishing too!) Lewistown is 104 miles east of Great Falls and 140 miles northwest of Billings with little else in between or in any other direction.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:43 PM  

Hamilton, MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_loveAWD View Post
Freedom. It may sound stupid, but you really have a lot more freedoms in Montana than any other state I've lived in.
That's a good post. It doesn't sound stupid at all. Such things should be important to everyone.

A slower place, more genuine people, fresher air than most places, four seasons, neighbors that look out for each other, and in spite of federal land grabs, we still have some wilderness that is accessible by means other than horseback.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:52 AM  

Lewistown, Montana
Missouri River - Montana

Figured if anyone posted pic, they'd probably post mountain scenes mostly from parts of the state west of the Divide (Rocky Mountains). Here's one from the east side and in the north central. It's the Missouri River country north of Lewistown. Rugged land. Big Horn Sheep are among the animals that populate this area. Roads are not paved and are impassable after even a small amount of rain due to the soil make-up being gumbo (clay) which will fill up your tire treads and then continue to build up until there's no room in the wheel wells for the tires to turn. (Besides unpaved roads in the area, you get TO the area via unpaved roads.) Hint: Possibly the best burgers in the whole state are in a small cafe in Winifred (there are two cafes, one is painted white and one is weathered wood -- the one I'm referring to is the one painted white---and don't miss the writings all over the ceiling--ask if you can add to it). From Winifred you drive north, northeast via gravel to the Missouri River country that the photo shows a tiny bit of. (The mountains in the distance are another one of those island mountain ranges I referred to in an earlier post. These particular ones are called the Little Rockies.)
What's the best thing about Montana?-100km020-pict0320_pict0320.jpg 

Old 10-21-2010, 10:44 AM  

Hamilton, MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppenga View Post
...(Besides unpaved roads in the area, you get TO the area via unpaved roads.)...
I want to go.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:27 AM  

Lewistown, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by retmotor View Post
I want to go.
Start planning a trip for late spring or early summer. The roads are pretty well dried out then and there are wild flowers in bloom and the critters have their babies. Or, if you don't want to drive, think about a raft trip down the Missouri. Either way, it's fantastic county --- 'course I'm biased a bit as I live in Lewistown. (I lived west of the Divide for several years but am glad to be back home east of the Divide.)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.