Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2010, 09:02 AM  

Hamilton, MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppenga View Post
Start planning a trip for late spring or early summer...
Sounds like a nice, enjoyable trip, thanks.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:02 AM  
ntg

Bingham County, Idaho
I know the SW best as I live south of it, but all great stuff in MT!!

Old 11-02-2010, 01:34 PM  

DILLON, MT
The absolute best thing about montana is the survival skills it teaches those of us who wind up living here. After being lied to, cheated and robbed by the politicos we learn how to survive with nothing and to do the impossible yesterday. We affectionately refer to home as the land of the chosen frozen.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:40 AM  
Vykyng!!! Nordic Warriors

Peoria, Arizona
my dad lived in great falls until he died a few years back. that area is too "plainy" for me. too open and windy. being a dude with long hair, the wind is not my friend! it's definiely a beautiful state though. i'd love to check out the west side of the state for jobs and horse land. i need to leave this hell hole of phoenix and have 4 seasons again! from what i've been able to see though, the average pay in MT isn't anywhere near what i make here in AZ though. that will be hard to swallow.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:34 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
Driving for three hundred plus miles and realizing that you haven't even gotten half way across the state.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:21 AM  

Hamilton, MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by udo4accept View Post
...from what i've been able to see though, the average pay in MT isn't anywhere near what i make here in AZ though...
Yup. That's part of the reason we can't get our kid to move up here.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:44 AM  

Eureka, Montana
And add to the low pay the fact that real estate prices are proportionately way too high.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:36 AM  

DILLON, MT
The real estate prices being too high are a result of out of staters with big bucks coming in and buying everything in sight which create an artificial shortage in the supply and demand chain; called a "bubble".
Old 11-06-2010, 02:55 PM  

Eureka, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMERAVEN View Post
The real estate prices being too high are a result of out of staters with big bucks coming in and buying everything in sight which create an artificial shortage in the supply and demand chain; called a "bubble".
Well, that's mostly true, but we have a few greedy realtors here, too. Neighbors put their place on the market about 6 years ago, right around the time prices for property were starting to rise. The realtor talked them into listing for an outlandish price and told them "it's okay, the market will come up to it". Word around here is they told a lot of people that. Most of those properties didn't sell for years, and that first one I mentioned never did sell.

But you're pretty much right. Quite a few people from the west coast flooded in here from about 2004 to 2008, and now most of them have their places up for sale. Some have turned out to be pretty decent people. Had a family from California (L.A.) buy the place behind ours. They had two teens and a younger kid, and we were anxoius. They ended up being really good neighbors, so we don't hold California against them!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:06 AM  

Hamilton, MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermit View Post
Well, that's mostly true, but we have a few greedy realtors here, too. Neighbors put their place on the market about 6 years ago, right around the time prices for property were starting to rise. The realtor talked them into listing for an outlandish price and told them "it's okay, the market will come up to it". Word around here is they told a lot of people that. Most of those properties didn't sell for years, and that first one I mentioned never did sell.

But you're pretty much right. Quite a few people from the west coast flooded in here from about 2004 to 2008, and now most of them have their places up for sale. Some have turned out to be pretty decent people. Had a family from California (L.A.) buy the place behind ours. They had two teens and a younger kid, and we were anxoius. They ended up being really good neighbors, so we don't hold California against them!
You're absolutely right about the Realtors. A have an honest buddy who is a Realtor and another buddy who was selling his place. My Realtor buddy told him what he could sell it for but another Realtor schmoozed him into listing it for over 30% more. It never sold. Then the marked slumped and he couldn't sell it at all. He could have made over $200k, but instead lost his house and probably his business as the loans were tied together (he's still fighting to keep his business but it doesn't look good). Generally, I have a very low opinion of Realtors.

Our neighbors across the way are SoCal transplants from 34 years ago. They're the best. We truly love them. (They do still lock their doors though -- even in the middle of the day...)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Bookmark this Page!