Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 12-27-2010, 06:27 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Man, you guys are really making me want to visit your state. It sounds like a little piece of heaven on earth that's right up my alley.
__________________

__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:48 PM  
Not a Junior Member
 
Skyryder's Avatar

Helena, Montana
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 28 | Kudos: +10
I was born/raised here and love it. Been all over the country as a long haul trucker, been to a-lot of places but always came back to live.

(disclaimer) don't expect to make a living here though.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:07 PM  
Junior Member

Eureka, MT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 20 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyryder View Post
I was born/raised here and love it. Been all over the country as a long haul trucker, been to a-lot of places but always came back to live.

(disclaimer) don't expect to make a living here though.

True story. I'm looking at out of state jobs right now. I've been trying for over a year now to get a full time job. I just don't have the right tools in my tool box to make a living up here. Hopefully if everything works out like I am plan, I'll be back in 4 to 5 years. Maybe less. This will be the perfect place for my kids to grow up.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:07 AM  
Junior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 11 | Kudos: +10
I hope to visit Montana some day.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:00 AM  
Junior Member

Lewistown, Montana
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13 | Kudos: +10
When you visit Montana, remember: The REAL Montana is EAST of the Divide.
(LOL! Now that ought-ta stir up some folks on the west side.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:59 AM  
Junior Member

Eureka, MT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 20 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppenga View Post
When you visit Montana, remember: The REAL Montana is EAST of the Divide.
(LOL! Now that ought-ta stir up some folks on the west side.
I'm a transplant, so I don't really know that much about MT. Isn't everything east just open, and flat plains?
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:17 AM  
Junior Member

Lewistown, Montana
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_loveAWD View Post
I'm a transplant, so I don't really know that much about MT. Isn't everything east just open, and flat plains?
East starts with what is typically called "The Rocky Mountain Front" or the east slopes of the Rockies. From there eastward there are several island mountain ranges. The Crazy Mountains are one example of this type of mountain range. They're only about 40 miles across but the highest peak is 11,200 ft
Other island ranges include the Castle Mountains, Little Belt Mountains, Big Belt Mountains, Big Snowy Mountains, Little Snowy Mountains, Judith Mountains (north and south ranges), Judith Mountains, Bear Paw Mountains, Highwood Mountains, Sweet Grass Hills, Bull Mountains, Beartooth Mountains, Pryor Mountains and several others I'm not familiar with. The Crazies are aptly named as they present a jumbled mix containing at least 20 peaks over the 10,000 ft mark. If you haven't hiked in them, you're missing some really great scenery--especially nice is to go into them by way of Timber Creek.
I've posted a photo from online but have several shots of them from hikes I made if you want to see more.
The Big (and Little) Snowy are just south of where I live (Lewistown) They contain several ice caves and some challenging hikes. There are tons of cool fossils too. If you want photos, I've got lots for these are in my "back yard". More info if you wish-- just ask.. (I lived in Great Falls for many years, then north of Seeley Lake, and then returned to the "east side" to Lewistown.)
What's the best thing about Montana?-big-timber-road-into-crazies.jpg 

Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:03 AM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
By all means post up some more photos!
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:41 PM  
Member

Eureka, Montana
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 81 | Kudos: +16
Images: 1
I've got to admit...there's something wild and free about the "east". Here in the NW of Montana it's all trees and mountains. Over and over. Pine trees and aspens.

East of the mountains, it's always different. The land, the plants, the sky, all of it. Pockets of pine-covered mountains mixed with high prairie and sloughs and coulees. You can spot a stream miles away by the Cottonwoods growing along it's banks, like a snake writhing across the prairie. Marshy areas with thousands of ducks and geese. Partridges on the roadsides all over the place. Antelope on distant hills. The sky and sunrises/sunsets always changing. Even after you've seen hundreds of them, the next one is still unique.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:43 PM  
Junior Member

Kalispell, Montana
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermit View Post
I've got to admit...there's something wild and free about the "east". Here in the NW of Montana it's all trees and mountains. Over and over. Pine trees and aspens.

East of the mountains, it's always different. The land, the plants, the sky, all of it. Pockets of pine-covered mountains mixed with high prairie and sloughs and coulees. You can spot a stream miles away by the Cottonwoods growing along it's banks, like a snake writhing across the prairie. Marshy areas with thousands of ducks and geese. Partridges on the roadsides all over the place. Antelope on distant hills. The sky and sunrises/sunsets always changing. Even after you've seen hundreds of them, the next one is still unique.
I lived in Colestrip for about 6 years and now i live in Kalispell. I will admit, East has it's appeal, but it doesn't even touch NW Montana.


NW


East
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.