Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-23-2010, 10:43 PM  

Kalispell, Montana
Well Malloy is retiring so maybe we will get a judge in his place that has a big enough bean bag to stand up to the bunny hugging dirt worshippers. That would help things a lot.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:33 AM  

Eureka, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzican View Post
Well Malloy is retiring so maybe we will get a judge in his place that has a big enough bean bag to stand up to the bunny hugging dirt worshippers. That would help things a lot.
He is? That's the best news I've heard in a long time! It's like...a Christmas present or something!

Let's hope we get someone with common sense and brains to replace him.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:36 AM  

Cut Bank, MT
Deer numbers way down in my part of the state also. I usually go out opening morning and see deer every where. I saw one deer opening day. Only saw two more deer all season. Very little sign. I drive by the winter grounds all the time and usually see several hundred deer at a time. When i went by two weeks ago we saw less than 10.

Due to obligations taking care of an elderly parent didn't get out much for gophers last year but when I did their numbers seemed normal. If the gophers disappear then all the reason for suffering through the cold winters here are gone, I might as well live in Wyoming then.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:42 PM  

Great Falls, Montana

Old 01-26-2011, 05:12 PM  

Eureka, Montana
Thanks, garin3, for posting these pictures! They're really awesome!

Old 01-29-2011, 05:22 PM  

I have hunted in the Red Lodge area for years and the deer are also way way down. Also the mule deer which used to be everywhere have virtually disappeared. First yearn that I was unable to fill my B tag. There are some White Tail but not too many. Also finding that there must be some breeding between mulies and white tail because several of us were ready to pull the trigger on what we thought was a mulie only to see the white tail fly up at the last second. Elk are non-existent for the most part.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:39 PM  

Frenchtown, Montana
Can't really say if the numbers are down around Missoula, but the critters sure are more wary in the past few years as wolf populations increase.

Cows are changing behavior, too. Used to be a good cow dog was a help in moving strays - the stray would get nervous and run to catch up with the herd. Now the stray just gives a blood-curdling bellow and the herd runs back to kick the sh$t out of the dog.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:17 AM  

San Jose, CA
Guess you need a few wild pigs shipped up your way. Get a few and soon you'll have alot. Maybe the wildlife went to Canada Eh.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:12 AM  

eureka, montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipLash View Post
Guess you need a few wild pigs shipped up your way. Get a few and soon you'll have alot. Maybe the wildlife went to Canada Eh.
What the wolves didn't kill they've pushed into new areas with less forage so the health of the game that's managed to survive is not as good as it should be. That also means the cows have fewer calves.

The best wolf is a dead wolf.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:06 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
If the gophers disappear then all the reason for suffering through the cold winters here are gone, I might as well live in Wyoming then.
Grew up in the gopher state where we killed them by bullet & trap. It was rare to get a clear shot because they had a tunnel system covering over two acres of property.

I'm lost? What can you do with a gopher worth freezing for? If Montana runs out I think MN can keep you happy & chilly.

Are the parking lot goats usually that tame?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.