Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2010, 12:06 PM  

Grayson, Kentucky
Where to visit in Montana?

My wife wants to visit your Montana. She likes to fish, as do I. We might also do some hiking and such. Any suggestions welcome.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:20 AM  

Anoka, Minnesota
Yellowstone would be a good spot to go.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:14 PM  

Eureka, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade797 View Post
My wife wants to visit your Montana. She likes to fish, as do I. We might also do some hiking and such. Any suggestions welcome.
I suggest the Bitterroot valley south of Missoula.

Plenty of hiking trails in the area (try out Blodgett canyon!), and you can fish in Camas lake or the Bitterroot river.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:52 PM  

DILLON, MT
In the eastern part of the state is Miles City, Terry and other scenic places where General Custer visited. I think the indians have a carved monument with some of his last words on it, "Leave the gatlings, men, they will just slow us down".
Old 11-14-2010, 08:56 AM  

Dillon, MT
cant go wrong with the Big Hole Valley in summer and fall
Old 11-16-2010, 10:41 PM  

Billings, Montana
This time of year it is hard to go wrong with Chico Hot Springs, or if you are feeling adventours try camping on the Madison river and visiting Norris Hot Springs. Good times
Old 11-17-2010, 12:19 AM  

Whitefish, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermit View Post

Plenty of hiking trails in the area (try out Blodgett canyon!), and you can fish in Camas lake or the Bitterroot river.

Me and my trail crew rebuilt the Blodgett canyon trail in '96. Very beautiful valley. And some of the best rock climbing in Montana.

That said, I recommend the OP visit Glacier NP. My favorite part of the state.

Eventually we will have Slade and his wife visiting every corner of the state.lol
Old 11-28-2010, 04:19 PM  

Billings, MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btowner View Post
This time of year it is hard to go wrong with Chico Hot Springs, or if you are feeling adventours try camping on the Madison river and visiting Norris Hot Springs. Good times
Totally agree. I love everything around the Bozeman area, and Chico is a great way to spend the weekend.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:57 PM  

Los Angeles, California
I also recommend Bozeman. Nice size town with lots of hotels and good restaurants, close to Yellowstone, really close to hiking and fishing and a couple of the best ski hills in the country if not the world.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:27 PM  

Miles City, MT
I love Glacier NP. It's a long drive with the camper, but we are going to go again this year in June. The kids love playing in the snow in the "summer".

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Montana
Bookmark this Page!