Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Moving
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2013, 02:15 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
Did you move to a different location for better nightlife?

I graduated from high school in 1979 and from college in 1984. So my contemporaries, give or take a few years, would have been on their own for the first time between 1975 and 1989.
I keep reading about young adults wanting to move somewhere because "there's a lot going on there"/good nightlife. Is this a new attitude? I don't remember my "peers" wanting to move to their first apartment because there were a lot of bars nearby! They moved because they wanted to be close to school or their job, or the rent was affordable, or they wanted to be close to their families. If you wanted to live where there were a lot of noisy bars, it meant that you were a night owl who preferred sleeping during the day, or you could block outside noises while you slept, or you were planning to become an alcoholic!

Old 10-03-2013, 05:16 PM  

Georgia
I don't know that we've moved somewhere to participate in nightlife, but we have avoided moves to areas where there was very little to do and where the climate might have kept us indoors for an entire winter season. It's a bit of balancing act between moving to a boring suburb or small town and moving to an urban location where there might be too much going on. But, like you, I don't think I'd want to live right across the street from all the bars.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Moving
Bookmark this Page!