Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Moving
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-31-2011, 12:35 PM  

Georgia
We just Moved Again!

We just moved again! It was a very fast move, but it wore us out. Before Thanksgiving, we packed and moved back to Atlanta for a new job. It was an exhausting process for sure. We even hired moving crews on each end. There are so many details that have to be taken care of prior to and after a move.

For example, my wife was smart enough to keep receipts for turning in our telephone internet stuff and cable boxes. Seems like a minor detail, but the internet / phone company didn't record our turn off date correctly and tried to charge use for several extra weeks of connectivity after we moved.

Here are some hints on being organized during your move:

Moving Tips: Six Ways to Be Organized During Your Move

Old 01-08-2012, 12:11 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Moving certainly is an art, isn't it? Growing up, my dad was a traveling pastor, so we were all over the place - usually moved every year or so. When I was 19, I joined the Corps, and now, 6 years later, I'm definitely glad that I've been to all of the places that I've been to, but I'm ready to settle down when I get out and just live somewhere for longer than 2 years at a time!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-12-2012, 05:17 PM  

Georgia
I heard that! It's been pretty unstable in the private sector, too. We've moved seven times since 2000 with our longest stint being three and a 1/2 years in one place.

On the plus side, we've learned how to pack:

Moving Tips: How to Pack Up for Your Move

Thanks for your service!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:51 PM  

ah, thanks for keeping us posted.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Moving
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.