Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Music
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2010, 12:49 PM  

Spokane, WA
Does anyone else make their own guitar effects pedals?

I am just curious if there are many people out there that like to build your own effect pedals. So far I have only done one but I really enjoyed the project and would like to get more involved in it. I have built the Tweak-O kit from Small Bear and have been looking at the Phase Royal kit from Build Your Own Clone. What kits have you done and where do you like to get stuff from? Any thoughts, tips, or advice for a bass player looking to expand his collection?

--
Tim

Old 12-16-2010, 01:06 PM  
Looks at dirty Jeep pics

Tucson, Arizona
shredder

Guitar-related Circuits

GuitarNutz 2 - Home

I tinker every now and then, but don't really have the time or money anymore. Ever since my wife bought me a Boss ME-50 my junk pile has almost vanished. I still like to take entry-level guitars and make them sound better than the high-dollar models.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:44 PM  

Alburtis, PA
I have ALWAYS wanted to try this actually just never had the time. where do you guys find the parts/schematics to build them? i will definitely have to research. What does it traditionally cost to build one if you don't mind me asking.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:24 PM  

Spokane, WA
The first one I did was the "Tweak-O" kit from Small Bear Electronics. It came as a kit with everything you needed except for a soldering iron and solder. The kit was around $40 and had really complete detailed instructions on the site designed for a beginner. Here are a few links to the instructions and to the actual kit.

Build The Tweak
Kit - The Tweak-O

Prices pretty much tend to go up from there. Some kits are more expensive than just buying the pedal to begin with, but if you are like me, you find it pretty cool to be using something you made yourself.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:28 PM  

Columbus, Ohio

This is why I started brewing my own beer.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:11 PM  

Spokane, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad67z View Post

This is why I started brewing my own beer.
Brewing beer has kind of taken over my pedal budget at the moment, but I hope to get back in to it soon. But for now, brewing beer it is!

--
Tim

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Music
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads