Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2010, 11:09 AM  

Spokane, WA
Myrtle Beach

I am thinking about taking a Vacation to Myrtle beach.
I am a little confused as to the differences of North Myrtle beach and regular Myrtle beach though.
Where's the best place for a hotel, attractions, etc. what is there to do there.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:00 PM  

Myrtle Beach, SC
Well it's not the season right now and not too many tourists down here. But everything is still going. I would stay in Myrtle Beach sinc that's where most the stuff is like Broadway at the Beach. And the blvd along the ocean and the newly build boardwalk. There are restaurants all over Myrtle beach. I live here for 4 years and didn't even eat at half of them. There is also a house of blues, and other attractions. Ther is a lot to do. And hotels all over. It depends on ur budget. Just be in Myrtle Beach and ur set. But as said there aren't many tourist. Right now. Not like summer or spring break.
Hope this helped.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:12 PM  

Spokane, WA
Haha i guess i failed to mention i was planning for summer. Thank you for the input though
Old 10-29-2010, 01:22 PM  

Florence, SC, SC
Myrtle beach gets busy in the summer ( I lump myrtle and North myrtle together) rates can get pricey, however there are some deals to be had if you take the time to research. there are still many clean mom & pop motels which usually do fine for me as just a place to crash.

There is plenty of night life around so I don't need a big hotel with bars, night clubs, bowling alleys, and comedy clubs. But if that's your thing... there are plenty to be found.

fall is my favorite time in mytle. rates cheaper, everything is still open, and less crowds.

If you do hit myrtle at any point I highly reccomend Huntington Beach State Park and Brookgreen Gardens as a day trip. it's south of murrells inlet but is worth the drive.

The Rangers at Huntington have some awesome nature programs (including a coastal kayak tour on mondays), and the Brookgreen is a sculpture garden across the street from the state park. hope this helps.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:16 PM  

Columbia, SC
North Myrtle beach is just an extension of myrtle beach. Its ALOT to do at the beach. I'd suggest checking out tripadvisor.com for restaraunts and popular attractions and hotel reviews. Some hotels can be really run down from the heavy beach traffic, but there are plenty of nice ones out there. Last two times I visited this year, I stayed at Ocean Creek Resort and Springmaid Resort @ the springmaid pier. I really enjoyed springmaid being beachfront and having fishing pier access. Its also a little bit off the main strip to itself so the beach isnt overcrowded, but only a block off the main strip to the south of myrtle beach.

Must visits are broadway at the beach and barefoot landing have alot of attractions and restaraunts and shopping. Rios Brazillian Steakhouse is my favorite restaraunt.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:35 PM  

Columbia, SC
oh, theres also plenty of guides, coupons and pamplets for more attractions than you can stand anywhere you go in myrtle beach. Its hard not to find something to do.

its the mini golf capital of the USA by the way lol.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:09 PM  

Mebane, NC
Both are going to be crowded and touristy.

I have a house in Surfside Beach, just south of Myrtle. more family friendly and a little bit less touristy but still close to the main attractions
Old 03-19-2011, 11:36 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
We've stayed at the "Day's Inn" at Surfside Beach for the last few years and find it, OK! I like fishing, and there's a fishing pier on the lot adjoining the Hotel. You'll definitely find plenty to do there......if you don't mind driving, about anywhere you stay will be great........just check the calendar and don't plan to go there during "Bike Week"....unless you're into "Harley's"....the hotel has a nice resturant where you can get an early breakfast, etc...
Myrtle Beach-img_8129.jpg 

Myrtle Beach-img_8128.jpg 

Myrtle Beach-stc_7997.jpg 

Myrtle Beach-img_8288.jpg 

Myrtle Beach-flying-condors.jpg 

Old 09-05-2011, 01:39 AM  

Myrtle Beach is famous for Ripley?s Aquarium because it is fantastic family fun exploration place at the Broadway on the Myrtle Beach where we can closely watch several sharks, octopus, stingrays and many strange sea animals.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyidea View Post
Myrtle Beach is famous for Ripley’s Aquarium because it is fantastic family fun exploration place at the Broadway on the Myrtle Beach where we can closely watch several sharks, octopus, stingrays and many strange sea animals.
This is known as "Broadway at the Beach".....see this link........
Definitely a great place to visit while in Myrtle beach......located
on the US-17 Bypass near its intersection with US-501.

http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/

"Planet Hollywood" next door............ [B] http://www.planethollywoodintl.com/locations_myrtlebeach.php[/B]

And a DOLLY PARTON'S - "Dixie Stampede" at the intersection of US-17 Bypass and US-17 Business.....
http://myrtle-beach.dixiestampede.com/index.php

And, just a little further South from the Dixie Stampede, you'll run into the "PALACE THEATER".......
http://www.palacetheatremyrtlebeach.com/index.cfm

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach
Bookmark this Page!