Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-01-2011, 01:36 PM  

Nashville, Tennessee
Greenways

I am an avid hikeer and I have been thinking about the greenways. How are they? Is it beautiful scenery? I want to do the one that goes from Hermitage all the way to dtown...

Old 02-07-2011, 10:58 AM  

Mt. Juliet, TN
I have taken the kids along the greenway that runs beside the Stones River. It runs from Percy Priest Dam all the way to the Cumberland River. It has a few nice scenes down by the river. We made the hike from the Kohl's on Lebanon Rd. to the dam one afternoon while the wife was shopping. The kids loved it. I almost forgot I was so close to the city a few times.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:10 PM  

it is a very nice trail. not much trash around and some good views of the river. there is always an offroad trail you can take to get closer to the river if you want
Old 02-15-2011, 11:05 AM  

I have seen it from Briley Parkway and it looks nice. Where can you park to gain access?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:14 AM  

Mt. Juliet, TN
There are a few trail entry points. One at the Donelson YMCA. One at the Kohl's parking lot on Lebanon Rd. Both ends of the greenway have parking lots also. The South end is at the J. Percy Priest Dam off of I-40 at the Stewart's Ferry Pike Exit. The North end is pretty hard to find if you don't know your way around the Donelson area.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:22 AM  

Rockvale, TN, Tennessee
Wow I thought initially y'all were talking about the one here in Murfreesboro! I'll have to look the Nashville one up.

There is some great hiking at Barfield Crescent Park off of South Church in Murfreesboro. My wife and I love to hike there and take the off-road trails like the Rocky Path Trail. Lots of jumping around ... makes us feel younger each time ... maybe because we get better times each time. It is BEAUTIFUL all year round but especially in the spring and fall!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads