Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2011, 05:53 PM  

Shuswap, BC
Green does cost more, its just a fact.
I looked into wind or solar power for my new house and shop, but could not afford it.
I was quoted ( are you sitting down) an approximate cost of $1,800,000 to $1,900,000 for a solar/wind/battery set up that MIGHT be capable of meeting my needs.
I could buy a diesel gen set and run it off that for a measly $16,000 and it would more than meet my power needs even on the heaviest use days.
Diesel burn is low to since its a slow speed and efficient diesel engine.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:07 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
we all know the people that lean right prefer beliefs over facts, so I'm not the least bit surprised you would say that.
You may think you know, but you don't know me at all.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:02 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
You may think you know, but you don't know me at all.
yeah, I've asked all those questions that you won't answer, how am I supposed to know you? All you post is heavy right leaning articles including emails that are fake but support the crazy rights agenda through any means possible.... what am I supposed to think under those conditions, I have multiple times tried to have a real debate and argue my point but then you dismiss it without a meaningful arguement back and fail to almost ever respond to any question posed to you? again, what are we going to think of you under those conditions.....

If you make a thread be prepared to stand by it or admit defeat, do a little research to see if it is fake first, try to argue using logic, not beliefs, you can say you dislike obama because he's horrible all day long but if you can't come up with any cold, hard, logical evidence (THAT IS REAL) then you aren't going to even get anyone to think anything in the direction you want.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:44 PM  

Fake, huh . . .
Old 09-23-2011, 09:51 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ

we all know the people that lean right prefer beliefs over facts, so I'm not the least bit surprised you would say that.
So Americans are just dumb? What about the mid-terms? Or obama's record low approval rate? Is that because we all value beliefs over facts?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-24-2011, 09:06 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
So Americans are just dumb? What about the mid-terms? Or obama's record low approval rate? Is that because we all value beliefs over facts?
kind of a leap in the argument there..... quite a leap actually.....

It all comes down to the economy, most people in america don't really care about politics, they know who the president is and to them he is a king, most people don't understand how our government works and certainly don't understand politics and economics.

So to them it all comes down to how is the economy doing, practically everything Obama has wanted has been blocked by republicans, and what few things he has done have been republican ideas/demands so to blame it on Obama quite absurd actually, the economy was actually improving a bit till republicans gained the seats needed to just say "no" to everything.

most people have little to no understanding of what the house or the senate do, and why they matter just as much as the president if not more so
Old 09-24-2011, 09:27 AM  

Sammamish, WA
There are enough voters that do understand how the government works to ensure that no one has too much power. The midterm Republicans were elected because many voters decided that the President was trying to go too far. Only when there are majorities in the house and senate from the same party as the President can major change take place. Most people don't want a lot of change and despite the bad economy hurting everyone in some way, they fear change more because the resulting affect on them is unknown.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:30 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisjoe View Post
..... they fear change more because the resulting affect on them is unknown.
that is what it really boils down to, fear of change is easy to sell.... Iran/Afghanastan/etc used to symbols of growing freedom in the middle east...until they became scared of change.

Things have to change, our healthcare system has been a mess held together by band-aids for too long, this was needed and anyone that says the system is fine is deluded with some false sense of nationalism that america can do no wrong.

People voted because the economy hasn't turned around, with the severity of a global recession to pretend that any policies changed in america could have fixed this so quickly is foolish. Deregulation and certain banks created this mess but we can't ask them to pay a dime more in taxes for bailing them out, that is the problem, the right has people so convinced it is the average person's problem and not the banks/ and the rich.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:43 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ

It all comes down to the economy, most people in america don't really care about politics, they know who the president is and to them he is a king, most people don't understand how our government works and certainly don't understand politics and economics.

So to them it all comes down to how is the economy doing, practically everything Obama has wanted has been blocked by republicans, and what few things he has done have been republican ideas/demands so to blame it on Obama quite absurd actually, the economy was actually improving a bit till republicans gained the seats needed to just say "no" to everything.

most people have little to no understanding of what the house or the senate do, and why they matter just as much as the president if not more so
Ahh I see. So you're just smarter than most Americans.

Well I'll be excited to talk to you after the next presidential race. You'll have to talk real slow for me though, mista.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-24-2011, 02:50 PM  

Shuswap, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post

So if you know more than us AVERAGE folks, then please explain why obama has spent more in the first year as president, than any other president ever did in their full 4 year term?
Or is it another thing you will just not answer, but instead ask another dumb question about.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.