Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2012, 09:40 PM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Cooler heads? I think some more intelligence is in order too. Totally agree about the sore loser status. Can't get your way.... Quit and attempt to take your football.

They call themselves christians, all the while using Jesus as a shield to screw people. I give it about 10 percent that are ACTUALLY real christians. The three 20 somethings are yet more sore losers. Obamas here to stay, so they better go out and get a job and stop whining.

Amen Brother! You don't want to have an abortion or don't want to marry someone of your own sex..... DON'T! but don't try to force everyone else to believe what you believe. Crank your Jesus freak music, but close your windows! Pass me the pipe so I can smoke a bowl just for you!

Blame the woman, not the government. The government didn't force her to get pregnant. Good grief! Holster the religious BS. Most folks don't respect marriage anyways. I'm gay and have been with the same person for 21 years. Do we deserve to get married? You bet we do! As soon as the christian right gives us permission. Me and my partner are about to move to Washington, for the long awaited RIGHT to get married, thank you to the people of Washington state!

Won't do no good. Texas will be sticking with the rest of the country and will eventually become liberal as the younger generation comes about. It's a matter of time.

Words spoken right from Jesus Christ himself. Gotta tell you, and I don't mean to insult or offend, but this isn't the Jesus I know. You need to better understand the bibles message. It's a bit deeper than you think. I hope the Muslims overrun this delusional holy nation of yours! At least they are Pius.
Your a fool....if they hate anyone more then Christians...it's gays. They will cut your head off ... all I will do is remind your your sick.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:31 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
Your a fool....if they hate anyone more then Christians...it's gays. They will cut your head off ... all I will do is remind your your sick.
As I stated earlier.... Pius!!! They view christians like yourself as infidels yes, and they hate gays as well as women too. I just was pointing out that you come down on the poor Muslim faith for their violent ways, then talk about killing liberals because you think in some tweaked psychotic way that were going to overthrow YOUR country? This is my G.D. country too bucko! I care about this land every bit as much as you, and despite the fact that big business corporate America is pulling off so many scams, and actually in truth, the bacteria that's destroying this country right before your eyes, even if you're too friggin blind to see it or have the balls to admit it, I'd never ever ever.... threaten to take a human life. Sure, we've had wars before, but they were justified, like the civil war which GAVE freedoms rather than take them away, and others, like Iraq.... NO! They were a big fat lie and in fact a waste of human life on all accounts and also a drain on our countries finances and a nail in the countries coffin. Maybe even two!

Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Texas now has more Han enough signatures. If you religious nut jobs will shut he hell up for 5 seconds.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:46 AM  

Greenville, SC
Yeah, not sure how it got so derailed into an anti-Christian rant. Oh, wait. Look who all has joined the forum and I see.... Oh well.

I have a couple of things to add (still cought into the christian debate I guess..)

Being a Christian isn't just about "knowing alot about the Bible". We should read up and be able to answer questions about God's word. It is about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. So you folks who say "oh, I've read the bible and I've read books ab out.....".... You don't get it at all. (which explains your attitude about it).

As far as "forcing people to believe what I believe" that's not what I want to do (no christian should want to do that). I do not want to force anyone to do anything. But I WILL NOT SUPPORT CERTAIN THINGS BEING PRESENTED AS NORMAL AND PERFECTLY ON THE SAME LEVEL AS APPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR. There are certain things that are specifically abominations to God so I want no part in presenting it as common and acceptable behavior. What you want to do and want to believe is between you and God. I am not out to force anyone to do anything. Marriage is ordained by God. Murder is wrong. That is what I believe. You do not have to believe it but I will not be a part of going against what I believe. Me voting in favor of those things is against what I believe.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-13-2012, 05:28 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Last reminder people - Keep this thread on topic or it will be shut down.

If you want to start another thread continuing the discussion of religious beliefs then please do so in its own thread. This one has gone WAY off topic.
Thank you

(Back to the thread)

This whole seccession(sp) thing makes me laugh because I remember a few years back when my hometown (of Tucson AZ) Pima County that wanted to secceed(sp) from AZ - They wanted to be called Baja AZ.
It will be interesting to see how these guys are reacting to all of this right about now!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:47 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
Last reminder people - Keep this thread on topic or it will be shut down.

If you want to start another thread continuing the discussion of religious beliefs then please do so in its own thread. This one has gone WAY off topic.
Thank you

(Back to the thread)

This whole seccession(sp) thing makes me laugh because I remember a few years back when my hometown (of Tucson AZ) Pima County that wanted to secceed(sp) from AZ - They wanted to be called Baja AZ.
It will be interesting to see how these guys are reacting to all of this right about now!
Darn! I was all ready to wade in on the God/Christian/Religion hate'n thing but....

BTW, Texas has been ready to secede for years > our own power grid, petroleum complexes, worlds largest medical community, coastal boundary, an intellectual community that will stand against any and...a church on every corner! God has His plan for His people!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:09 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Darn! I was all ready to wade in on the God/Christian/Religion hate'n thing but....

BTW, Texas has been ready to secede for years > our own power grid, petroleum complexes, worlds largest medical community, coastal boundary, an intellectual community that will stand against any and...a church on every corner! God has His plan for His people!
I would say be careful what you ask for (AZ included)

Your (not so) friendly neighbor to the south of you is having some seeeeerious problems right about now. And I think that we are a big part of the antagonist.

We are already seeing violence spill into these states from it now. Imagine if they didnt have the backing of the rest of the nation (if) it really hit the fan?

Does Texas have its own 'National Guard' of sorts?
Old 11-13-2012, 08:24 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
I would say be careful what you ask for (AZ included)

Your (not so) friendly neighbor to the south of you is having some seeeeerious problems right about now. And I think that we are a big part of the antagonist.

We are already seeing violence spill into these states from it now. Imagine if they didnt have the backing of the rest of the nation (if) it really hit the fan?

Does Texas have its own 'National Guard' of sorts?
Yes!

Texas State Guard

Texas State Guard
Motto Equal To The Task
Headquarters Austin, Texas
Website www.txsg.state.tx.us

The Texas State Guard (TXSG) is one of three branches of the Texas military. Along with the other two branches, the TXSG falls under the command of the Texas governor and is administered by the adjutant general, an appointee of the governor.

The other two branches of the Texas military are the Texas Army National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_State_Guard

Couple that fact with this...Kerr County TX has more registered guns than any other County.....and those are just the "registered" guns! Our law abiding friends from the South are more than welcome and they know that.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Looks like the gubbnor isnt all in support of this...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...ecession-talk/

Quote:
More than 60,000 people have now signed an online petition calling for President Obama to "peacefully grant" Texas to secede from the United States of America, but the state's governor, Rick Perry, suggests he's not about to give the online movement any more traction than it's already ginned up.

Perry, who launched an unsuccessful presidential bid last year, has in the past appeared to issue some vague support for the idea of secession in the past, but his spokesperson Catherine Frazier tells CBS News today that even while Perry "shares the frustrations many Americans have with our federal government," the popular politician "believes in the greatness of our Union and nothing should be done to change it."

In the aftermath of Mr. Obama's re-election last week, some Americans have discovered the White House's "We the People" website, which purports to give "all Americans a way to engage their government on the issues that matter to them" by way of online petitions, which anyone can create. If a petition garners more than 25,000 signatures, "it will be reviewed by the Administration and we will issue a response," according to the site.

The Texas secession petition is well past the 25,000 mark, with 64,362 signatures as of this writing. Meanwhile, similar petitions have been created on behalf of more than 20 U.S. states, including West Virginia, South Dakota, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Alaska, California, and New York. Seeming to use generally the same template for each petition, most cite a passage in the Declaration of Independence stating that "When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

So far, the petitions on behalf of Texas and Louisiana appear to be the only to have earned the necessary number of signatures to merit a response.

Even if a White House official does address the secession pleas, however, it's unlikely any action will be taken; the website promises little more than a response even for the most popular petitions. Among those that have received responses in the past include one urging the U.S. government to call the "Sea of Japan" by a different name (Kurt M. Campbell, Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, responded to the petition in the negative), and one about legalizing marijuana (Gil Kerlikowske, Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy, shot that idea down, too), an ever-popular topic on the site.

As with many fast-growing internet phenomena, however, the secession petitions have already sparked something of an online backlash: A new petition on the "We the People" website demands that anyone who signed a petition to withdraw their state from the United States be deported.

So far, that petition has 921 votes.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 AM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I remember when I thought that escalating things to life or death was grown up. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. Not understanding the concept of death, I'd threaten to kill my friends over childish disputes. But when I became a man, I put away childish things.

leadarrows: Son, when you come talk with adults, please leave your propensity for idle threats on the playground. While your audacity might impress your playmates, the only things you can get from threatening an adult are ridicule (for making threats that can't be carried out; an "internet tough guy") or a criminal record (for making threats that can be carried out.) Either way, you cost yourself any credibility you might have had when you threaten the death of your political enemies over something as trivial as religious ideology.
Let me make one thing very clear...I am not your son. My dad is a Marine....my Father is God.

I already have a record...my threats are anything but idle...my sheet is 3 inches thick. My word is my bond. But I am not threating you on the net. What I mentioned is the war that IS coming. I won't start it but I have chosen the side I will be on. I will be fighting for America. The real America...not the United Socialized States of America your type represents.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.