Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2011, 08:23 PM  

2012 Huckabee

According to the AP Huckabee is a no go for 2012. Will this leave a social conservative void in the GOP swamp (I won't say field because it is possible to produce a crop in some fields- the GOP won't produce anything with the seeds it is planting now)?

Old 05-15-2011, 12:39 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
It's pretty sad since he seemed the sanest of the lot.

Quote:
FILE - In this March 28, 2011 file photo, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee speaks at Mississippi College in Clinton, Miss. The more Republicans get to know their potential presidential candidates, the less happy they are with their choices. Some 45 percent in an AP-GfK poll say they're dissatisfied with the GOP candidates who have declared or are thought to be serious about running, up from 33 percent just two months ago. (Rogelio V. Solis / AP)
Read more: Huckabee's exit widens an already open field - Times Union
I feel sorry for the man but I think he was wise to dodge the mudslinging contest shaping up.
2012 Huckabee-download.jpg 

Old 05-15-2011, 12:45 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
It's pretty sad since he seemed the sanest of the lot.
That's not saying very much.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:13 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
He's no Dan Quayle and his integrity is about a million times more real than the Newtron bomb's.
2012 Huckabee-newtnewt_gingrich_.jpg 

Old 05-15-2011, 01:16 PM  
Traveler

But that gosh darn Bible belt mentality in the form of a president could get real frightening. I like the guy personally, but the Jerry Fahlwell grip on your life would be utter dread.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:26 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Despite being a Baptist minister he did sound more moderate than the others. I'd be concerned about what his base might demand should he win.

Why is it so difficult for people to grasp that we're secular because out founding fathers saw the dangers in church & state in bed together.
2012 Huckabee-chrifsmas.jpg 

Old 05-15-2011, 04:28 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I think the American people, at this point, want anything but Obama. It's a real shame that the GOP can't come up with someone plausible!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-15-2011, 05:07 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I've spent several weeks calling & writing agencies, corporations and hospitals trying to resolve billing errors resulting from the removal of 6 centimeters of cancer.

One bill (the most recent to arrive) was for a pre-Op meeting with my surgeon in February of 2010. He neglected to submit it till now well past the insurers time limit.
Once I discovered Oregon has an agency to clear up such errors I mentioned I was working with them to the hospital billing me. Within two days I received three new versions of bills already covered and paid for. One was for $57,000.

This is called psyching the sucker out. It failed.

My point is that Healthcare really needs reform and almost everyone agrees.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:37 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I think the American people, at this point, want anything but Obama. It's a real shame that the GOP can't come up with someone plausible!
Well, to be correct, some of the people want Obama out. Not all, as in "The American people".
Old 05-15-2011, 08:52 PM  
fustrated genius

I'm still sour over that obamacare pill shuffed down my throat. the two "attaboys", (nav seals/Somalia pirates/Osama Bin laden) just ain't enough to stop me from choking on it and the bail outs. And I don't see anything from the GOP either. And that one idiot in the wig, what the hay is that about? SANTA BANANA!!! we're in trouble for certain, BIG TIME.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads