Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2012, 06:58 PM  

2012 issues guide for christian voters

Find the issues guide here PDF:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...QTMOh_YGJPjuBQ

Many churches passed them out today as part of Pulpit Freedom Sunday action.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:40 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
just shows any position can be supported by the bible when the teachings at large show Jesus would take the opposite stance on most if not all issues.......

I have not seen any group more afraid of religious muslim influence than christians.... while in the same sentence spout off that we should have more christian influence while not seeing the hipocracy.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:25 PM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
just shows any position can be supported by the bible when the teachings at large show Jesus would take the opposite stance on most if not all issues.......

I have not seen any group more afraid of religious muslim influence than christians.... while in the same sentence spout off that we should have more christian influence while not seeing the hipocracy.
It is not their influence it is their Murder of Christians and Islams instance that all must follow or die. You live under a rock or what? WtF is up with some of you? Must they kill a friend or family member in front of you before you get a clue? Hell you would probably make excuses for them...your a coward is what I think...when the bully hits you your afraid to fight back less the bully hurts you more...your so scared of Muslims you don't even want to stand up to them...better to just go along to get along...
Old 10-08-2012, 07:39 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
It is not their influence it is their Murder of Christians and Islams instance that all must follow or die. You live under a rock or what? WtF is up with some of you? Must they kill a friend or family member in front of you before you get a clue? Hell you would probably make excuses for them...your a coward is what I think...when the bully hits you your afraid to fight back less the bully hurts you more...your so scared of Muslims you don't even want to stand up to them...better to just go along to get along...
did you forget about the crusades? witch trials? what happened to heretics?, or even know the isolation that exists today of non-christians, especially severe isolation of atheists that exists today in america?

Being an atheist in a very christian area I know what you are saying FAR FAR FAR better than you do..... If america had not been founded on religious freedom Christians would be every bit as bad, and is why some of us fight so hard for separation of church and state.

Heck in some areas of the country birth control or gay rights are a fairly new freedom historically speaking thanks to christians, so when they get upset over a picture of muhammed while christians are working on regulating other people's bedrooms maybe you need to look at the bigger picture.

yes the west moved out of the dark ages, but only fairly recently and muslims need to catch up, but to be fair we have engaged in a lot of wars over there to incite them, doesn't make it right but to pretend they are unrelated would be wrong as well as you said above:

Quote:
Must they kill a friend or family member in front of you before you get a clue?
how should they react when it is their family member killed over there? we meddle in the middle east all the time.

look at the world for what it is, it's not this simple issue but a far more complex one.

and what is your answer? a religious war? what? isolation?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 PM  
American

I live in the here and now...all that stuff from the past means nothing to me. What is happing now is what effects my country....my family...that is what matters to me. If Christians were burning people for their religion now I would be speaking out against that. We need the oil so we have tried to help those nations. We are their source of income. They have nothing else to offer the world and the US is not the only country who "Interferes " with them. We give them billions in aid...trillions in profits for their oil...in order to do business with them we need them to have leaders who will work with us...but their culture and greed is difficult to deal with. With out us they would have no wealth...they may deserve that but practically speaking...we need their oil. So we try to work with them...and have for 2 centuries. It is radical Islam we can not deal with and that segment of their culture cares about nothing but the spread of Islam. That segment of their population is responsible for far more deaths of family members then we are.

You don't have anything right in your post...no one is telling gays what they can do in their bedrooms...you see you can't even talk truthfully about that ...Marriage is for one man and one woman...that has nothing to do with what gays do in their bedroom. You have to lie just to have a bitch....

That movie about Muhammad was amateurish for sure but the point...that Muhammad was crazy and just made up going to Mount Safa to cover for the fact he had spent the night with his brothers wife is arguably true. People of that time spoke of it but when Muhammad heard about it he had them killed. The killing to maintain the lie is ongoing to this day.

One last thing....from reading your posts....you know nothing Far Far better then me...not one dam thing.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:38 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
I live in the here and now...all that stuff from the past means nothing to me. What is happing now is what effects my country....my family...that is what matters to me. If Christians were burning people for their religion now I would be speaking out against that.
but would you have in the past? do you speak out against the way christians tend to view atheists?
Quote:

We need the oil so we have tried to help those nations. We are their source of income. They have nothing else to offer the world and the US is not the only country who "Interferes " with them. We give them billions in aid...trillions in profits for their oil...in order to do business with them we need them to have leaders who will work with us...but their culture and greed is difficult to deal with. With out us they would have no wealth...they may deserve that but practically speaking...we need their oil. So we try to work with them...and have for 2 centuries. It is radical Islam we can not deal with and that segment of their culture cares about nothing but the spread of Islam. That segment of their population is responsible for far more deaths of family members then we are.
radical islam isnt much different than radical christianity such as abortion clinic bombings, should we reat any church that does not publicly speak out against abortion clinic bombings as terrorists?
Quote:

You don't have anything right in your post...no one is telling gays what they can do in their bedrooms...you see you can't even talk truthfully about that
WHAT?????????? you really need to read up on the recent history, in some states anti-sodomy laws weren't removed until last decade (seriously)
from the founding
Quote:
In 1778, Thomas Jefferson wrote a law in Virginia which contained a punishment of castration for men who engage in sodomy,[1] however, what was intended by Jefferson as a liberalization of the sodomy laws in Virginia at that time was rejected by the Virginia Legislature, which continued to prescribe death as the maximum penalty for the crime of sodomy in that state
till 2003 many states had laws on the books

and not just sodomy, there were many cases where someone could be put in mental institutions or other severe punishments for homosexuality so don't even try to rewrite history.... stuff happened, a lot of very bad stuff happened and it usually happened in the name of the christian religion.

take a look at these, and these laws did not go away after that, it took quite a while (also keep in mind these are 1940's dollars when 100 was worth about $1400 in today's dollars

http://www.oldmagazinearticles.com/1...odomy_Laws_pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_..._United_States
and notice some took the supreme court in 2003 to strike down the law and that even just cohabitation alone was a crime, so don't pretend christians have not tried to regulate the bedroom as they have very clearly done.

Quote:
...Marriage is for one man and one woman...that has nothing to do with what gays do in their bedroom. You have to lie just to have a bitch....
1.) you proved you have no understanding of history regarding this
2.) you are quick to call someone a liar when you are in fact wrong
3.) that is YOUR marriage belief, not mine and generally not that of educated forward thinking people
Quote:

That movie about Muhammad was amateurish for sure but the point...that Muhammad was crazy and just made up going to Mount Safa to cover for the fact he had spent the night with his brothers wife is arguably true. People of that time spoke of it but when Muhammad heard about it he had them killed. The killing to maintain the lie is ongoing to this day.

One last thing....from reading your posts....you know nothing Far Far better then me...not one dam thing.
you just proved that to be wrong, you may have more beliefs than I do but not facts or understanding of history apparently.

Please read up on the history of how sex was treated as we moved out of the victorian era and into today, we had very harsh laws repressing people and did some horrible things in the name of the christian moral values including locking people up or killing them for things that today are perfectly legal, and in the future we will look back at gay marriage the same way we look at people that argued for segregation.

WHICH SIDE DO YOU WANT TO BE REMEMBERED BEING ON?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:15 PM  

Today I heard a good assessment of the difference between Islam and Christianity. Muslims are to strive to be like Muhammad (who fought numerous Jihads) and Christians are to strive to be like the Jewish Messiah who fought no one.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 PM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
but would you have in the past? do you speak out against the way Christians tend to view atheists? Why do they make fun of your God? atheists bring it on themselves...it is not enough to have the freedom to be an atheist...you all feel it is your job to stop all believe in god...to tell us what we can teach our kids...your jerks so no I will not defend you. radical islam isnt much different than radical Christianity such as abortion clinic bombings, should we reat any church that does not publicly speak out against abortion clinic bombings as terrorists? taking out murders...child murders is the right thing to do...if one innocent child's live can be saved it is worth it.

WHAT?????????? you really need to read up on the recent history, in some states anti-sodomy laws weren't removed until last decade (seriously)
from the founding

till 2003 many states had laws on the books

and not just sodomy, there were many cases where someone could be put in mental institutions or other severe punishments for homosexuality so don't even try to rewrite history.... stuff happened, a lot of very bad stuff happened and it usually happened in the name of the Christian religion.
again with the history lesson first it is a mental illness..yes I know they got some doctors to say it isn't because they thought removing the stigma was the humane thing to do but really it is a broken sexually mental condition ...but who the hell would ever know what you did in your own bedroom if you kept your mouth shut about it? I don't tell people what me and the old lady does and I don't want to know what you and your boyfriends do.
take a look at these, and these laws did not go away after that, it took quite a while (also keep in mind these are 1940's dollars when 100 was worth about $1400 in today's dollars

http://www.oldmagazinearticles.com/1...odomy_Laws_pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_..._United_States
and notice some took the supreme court in 2003 to strike down the law and that even just cohabitation alone was a crime, so don't pretend christians have not tried to regulate the bedroom as they have very clearly done.

1.) you proved you have no understanding of history regarding this
2.) you are quick to call someone a liar when you are in fact wrong
3.) that is YOUR marriage belief, not mine and generally not that of educated forward thinking people you mean educated idiots? lol

you just proved that to be wrong, you may have more beliefs than I do but not facts or understanding of history apparently.

Please read up on the history of how sex was treated as we moved out of the victorian era and into today, we had very harsh laws repressing people and did some horrible things in the name of the Christian moral values including locking people up or killing them for things that today are perfectly legal, and in the future we will look back at gay marriage the same way we look at people that argued for segregation. We should look back to when we found a cure...

WHICH SIDE DO YOU WANT TO BE REMEMBERED BEING ON?
The side opposite of the educated idiots.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:19 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Poe's Law. I can't tell if he's serious, or just seriously trolling.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:18 AM  
American

Our founding fathers took a deliberate and unarguable stand for their God-given rights to self-defense and protection of property. As Americans, we have enjoyed that right since the Continental Congress signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776. The right to defend ourselves includes the legal and justifiable right to use deadly force. Though wording is different in each one, every state has self-defense statutes or case law that defines how and when a person can use deadly force.
Most states allow you to use deadly force to protect yourself, and other innocents as well.

Who is more innocent then an unborn child?

I never say something I don't mean...I am human and I do make mistakes and I am still learning everyday but I never intentional take a stand on something unless I feel it's right and true.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.