Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2010, 03:07 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
The man himself! Glad to see you back!

What does affirmative action have to do with independent thought?

Also, do you think I did something to deserve "this?"

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-20-2010, 10:31 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
The man himself! Glad to see you back!

What does affirmative action have to do with independent thought?

Also, do you think I did something to deserve "this?"

Affirmative action effects everyone, in my opinion it has nothing to do with blacks, it's designed to dumb down the entire society.
Independent thought? Most folks are simply indoctrinated, not educated, hand in hand with AA.

We all deserve what we have gotten, apathy and laziness. This should have been fought on principle long ago.

Look back to history in this country, back when prominent black men owned slaves.....there was not a racial devide and the black was expected to hold his own just as any other man.

But hey...the mexican is the new black....and so it goes.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:31 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I actually don't disagree with you very much... this is weird...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-21-2010, 07:13 PM  
Mod Medic

Loxley, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko View Post
Since when did the constitution matter?
Since it is the frame work of our country, I we would hold these politicians to the standards set forward in the constitution we wouldnt have all the problems we have.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:09 AM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by duanewhatley View Post
Since it is the frame work of our country, I we would hold these politicians to the standards set forward in the constitution we wouldnt have all the problems we have.
Exactly right. Unfortunately, abuse of the constitution isn't a recent phenomenon; it has been going on for a very long time. The trick isn't fixing the problems brought about by unconstitutional actions on the part of government. The trick is waking up enough Americans and having them figure out for themselves that the actions taken by government (at all levels) are unacceptable.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:19 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko View Post
Affirmative action effects everyone, in my opinion it has nothing to do with blacks, it's designed to dumb down the entire society.
Independent thought? Most folks are simply indoctrinated, not educated, hand in hand with AA.

We all deserve what we have gotten, apathy and laziness. This should have been fought on principle long ago.

Look back to history in this country, back when prominent black men owned slaves.....there was not a racial devide and the black was expected to hold his own just as any other man.

But hey...the mexican is the new black....and so it goes.
Which is the fault of the 'Mexican'---------especially in light of many of them actually being White despite their collective denial. I've noticed many 'Latinos' put down anybody who looks 'Hispanic' (regardless of actual race/ethnicity) who tries to step up and be successful. Can someone say a lower class 'Black' trait at work here?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:57 PM  

Austin
I'm against the development of the welfare state, to any degree. People don't maintain things they are given.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!