Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 07-15-2012, 11:46 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
al Qaeda Recruits Norwegian

While Obama has distaste for racial profiling it has worked in the past. Most terrorists have looked Arabic and most illegal aliens look like those south of the border they crossed. Al Qaeda knows racial profiling works and reportedly has recruited a Norwegian to perform a dastardly deed against a US plane during the coming Olympics.
__________________

__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:09 PM  
Senior Member
 
havasu's Avatar

California
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,747 | Kudos: +238
Images: 17
Is this a rumor or can you provide documentation?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:47 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Is this a rumor or can you provide documentation?
Not a rumor however no documentation, just heard it on CBS News. Apparently their source was British intelligence.
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:42 AM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-attack-west/1
__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:12 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
While Obama has distaste for racial profiling it has worked in the past. Most terrorists have looked Arabic and most illegal aliens look like those south of the border they crossed. Al Qaeda knows racial profiling works and reportedly has recruited a Norwegian to perform a dastardly deed against a US plane during the coming Olympics.
A great argument against racial profiling.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:42 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Racial profiling works. No doubt about it in my mind. It may not be PC, but it does work. It's a proven fact.

Nothing is foolproof, but when combined with other intelligence and dirty tricks, it is an effective deterrent.

And let's face it, while it may not be condoned in certain circles, it happens every day, so we might as well all just get used to it.
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:49 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
A great argument against racial profiling.
Just the opposite, it's proof that it's effective and al Qaeda is trying to step around it.

Maybe Mexico can recruit Norwegians to cross into the US and pick veggies for us. However the Norwegians I know won't vote for Obama.
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:08 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T
Just the opposite, it's proof that it's effective and al Qaeda is trying to step around it.

Maybe Mexico can recruit Norwegians to cross into the US and pick veggies for us. However the Norwegians I know won't vote for Obama.
Where does it end? Do we now look for middle-easterners, mexicans, and norwegians? What's next, they hire swedes? Italians? Japanese?

Like I said, it's a good argument *against* racial profiling. Because while we're busy harassing non-terrorists of middle-eastern descent, they're sending in non-middle-eastern recruits to do their dirty work.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:53 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Where does it end? Do we now look for middle-easterners, mexicans, and norwegians? What's next, they hire swedes? Italians? Japanese?

Like I said, it's a good argument *against* racial profiling. Because while we're busy harassing non-terrorists of middle-eastern descent, they're sending in non-middle-eastern recruits to do their dirty work.
Not at all, we still scrutinize Arabs and use other techniques on non-middle-eastern types.
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:23 PM  
American
 
leadarrows's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 251 | Kudos: +61
Profiling is a tool and straw-manning it is not a good idea. We should all be grateful it works as well as it does and were crazy to ignore the humanistic of it. To ignore a valid tool for fear of not being politically correct is beyond foolish...it's reprehensibly irresponsible.
Besides law enforcement personnel still use it ...the molesting of kids at airports is just a show for the PC crowd.
__________________

__________________
Life's A HOOT!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.