Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2011, 09:58 AM  

Greenville, SC
I hear there are a bunch of folks lined up picketing on Wall st., maybe they will come work for you... Just the first thing that came to mind.... There are definitely people "looking for work" and you have jobs so something must be up. Supply and demand DOES work.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 10-07-2011, 10:22 AM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
You're trying to tell me that every American male snubs his nose at your job because... they're all lazy.

So let me get this straight: Your problems are all caused by someone else. How very "liberal" of you.

You say they're well paid, and yet, you're complaining that your workforce is lazy; you're complaining that you can't attract good workers.

If your jobs are so valuable to workers, they'd be lining up to work for you. That's economics 101 stuff. By your own admission, they're not; you're attracting only the lazy people to work for you. At what point do you stop and ask yourself: "Is it me? Am I causing this problem?" At what point do you start TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, man up, and start paying an appropriate wage for the work these people are doing for you?
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm a selfish lazy contractor who doesn't know how to run a profitable business much less attract qualified workers. How stupid of me to try and pull the wool over your liberal eyes. You are so spot on that I'm in total awe of your psychic powers and insight. I am humbled you've taken the time to reply to my post. You obiviously understand the labor force better than I do.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:35 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm a selfish lazy contractor who doesn't know how to run a profitable business much less attract qualified workers.
You admitted you don't know how to attract qualified workers. That was how you started this whole line of thought.
Quote:

How stupid of me to try and pull the wool over your liberal eyes. You are so spot on that I'm in total awe of your psychic powers and insight. I am humbled you've taken the time to reply to my post. You obiviously understand the labor force better than I do.
Well, what kind of person would I be if I saw someone with a simple problem they believe is insurmountable and I did nothing to help them overcome it?

You are most welcome. Pay it forward.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:34 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
You admitted you don't know how to attract qualified workers. That was how you started this whole line of thought.

Well, what kind of person would I be if I saw someone with a simple problem they believe is insurmountable and I did nothing to help them overcome it?

You are most welcome. Pay it forward.
I didn't say we couldn't get qualifed workers, I said it was the biggest hurdle we face as a company. I would take offense to your twisting my words if it wasn't a common problem in the construction industry.

And what are your consulting fees? Cheaper than Dr. Phil?
Old 10-07-2011, 05:01 PM  

Kent, Ohio
And here we come to the part of the evening where I hang oldognewtrick with his own words. You said:
Quote:
The problem with finding legal workers to work construction is they have become lazy, won't show up on time and have very poor work ethics. Don't think I know what I'm talking about? I've got several job openings and can't find people who will work.
So were you lying then, when you said you couldn't find people to work your jobs, or are you lying now, when you say:

Quote:
I didn't say we couldn't get qualifed workers, I said it was the biggest hurdle we face as a company. I would take offense to your twisting my words if it wasn't a common problem in the construction industry.
I just re-read the past 15 posts on this line... Please tell me where exactly you said it was the biggest hurdle you face as a company. Because I'm not seeing it. I don't discount the possibility that I'm overlooking it. Did you actually say this, or are you just pulling it out of your rectum?

Either way, it sure looks like you're whining about not being able to attract qualified workers.
Quote:

And what are your consulting fees? Cheaper than Dr. Phil?
I've already addressed my fee schedule. To paraphrase Elizabeth Warren's words on underlying social contracts, "Pay it forward to the next kid who comes along."
Old 10-07-2011, 05:14 PM  

Nashville, TN
[QUOTE=rivalarrival;127975]And here we come to the part of the evening where I hang Eddie_T with his own words. You said:QUOTE]

Liar, its the oldog not Eddie T. Looks like you're the liar.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:43 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:
And here we come to the part of the evening where I hang Eddie_T with his own words. You said:
Liar, its the oldog not Eddie T. Looks like you're the liar.
Ah, you're right. Sorry, Eddie. (In my defense, ya'll look the same, what with the black text on the white background )

Thank you, oldog. And thanks for stepping up to the gallows and exonerating a semi-innocent man.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:55 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Ah, you're right. Sorry, Eddie. (In my defense, ya'll look the same, what with the black text on the white background )

Thank you, oldog. And thanks for stepping up to the gallows and exonerating a semi-innocent man.
Just pay it forward my friend.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:28 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR

In no way do I confuse OD's opposing views as similar to whatever drives Eddie.

When I get to the point of wondering how people can vehemently defend ignorance I think of the young Christian girl fresh from her freshman year at a FLA so called Christian College. She got in trouble for asking WHY.

"WHY" proven an unpopular response there (curious because getting people to ask "why" is pretty much the point of higher education)

She saw the defensiveness and even some fear and concluded, "if anything is untrue then it's all false".

yuppers!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:38 PM  

Nashville, TN
I agree with you both on a lot of issues, but I disagree on a lot also. To me it can never be all to the left or all to the right. I don't put my faith in any political allegiance, sift through the "stuff" and somewhere is the truth.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads