Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2012, 09:38 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
American flag at half staff

Whats your thoughts on the American flag being flown at half staff, for say, a policeman being murdered on duty ? or a firefighter dieing fighting a fire ?

IMHO, I dont think it should be at half staff for the examples above.

Heres just a quick link I found: http://www.usflag.org/nffhalfstaff.html

EDIT: let me edit this by saying, that I have upmost respect, for those in our military, and our police/fire personel, they do a job that most wont.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:27 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
I would say at best (maybe) flying the (complimentary) State flag at half mast for your LOCAL hero's might be acceptable.

But for those (of us) who wore the uniform, and took an oath to protect much more than our local community (i.e. The very flag that is flown at half mast) I think that should be reserved for those who have given the ultimate sacrifice, based on the role/oath they took.

Correct me if i'm wrong - but local public offices dont have a 'ceremony' (of sorts) every morning @ 0800 and at sunset every single day (unless out at sea) to raise and lower our national ensign. (and union jack OR church pennant on Sundays)

Old 07-01-2012, 12:27 PM  

I think the flag rules apply to US government facilities local flags can be flown at half mast for local figures (just not at the post office).

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!