Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2012, 04:36 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Arizona Sheriff calls Hawaii a liar

Hawaii issued and vouches for Obama's birth certificate. Sheriff Joe Arpaio says it's a forgery.

Sorry, Arpaio, but you're way out of your jurisdiction on this. If you want to play this game, you've got to do it as a citizen - not a sheriff - in federal court.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03...rated-forgery/

Old 03-02-2012, 08:40 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Hawaii issued and vouches for Obama's birth certificate. Sheriff Joe Arpaio says it's a forgery.

Sorry, Arpaio, but you're way out of your jurisdiction on this. If you want to play this game, you've got to do it as a citizen - not a sheriff - in federal court.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03...rated-forgery/
It is a strange looking birth certificate. Most citizens have theirs in their possession. I have had to present mine a number of times in my lifetime.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:47 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
It is a strange looking birth certificate. Most citizens have theirs in their possession. I have had to present mine a number of times in my lifetime.
So what?

The State of Hawaii issued it. The state of Hawaii says they issued it. Joe Arpaio, says the document itself is a fake.

Suppose I write a check to one of my contractors. He takes it to my bank to cash it. My bank calls me up, says they are concerned about the check and ask me to come down. I confirm that the check is real, that I wrote it, that I signed it. The bank agrees that I am who I say I am. Using Joe's logic, the bank should now call the police to have me investigated for forging my own check.

Joe Arpaio is suggesting that Hawaii signed a document for Obama. Obama took it to the ballot and said "I'm eligible to run". Elections officials called Hawaii, said they were concerned about the documentation, and asked Hawaii to come down and verify it. Hawaii confirms that the document is real, and the election officials recognize Hawaii is a state and thus allowed to make that claim. Now, Joe is pointing at the document itself, saying it's false, that Hawaii is forging its own birth certificates. Huh?

Saying that the document is false after Hawaii says it's valid is like claiming the check I wrote on my own account is forged after I say it's not. It's patently absurd.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:09 PM  

Quote:
So what?

The State of Hawaii issued it. The state of Hawaii says they issued it. Joe Arpaio, says the document itself is a fake.

Suppose I write a check to one of my contractors. He takes it to my bank to cash it. My bank calls me up, says they are concerned about the check and ask me to come down. I confirm that the check is real, that I wrote it, that I signed it. The bank agrees that I am who I say I am. Using Joe's logic, the bank should now call the police to have me investigated for forging my own check.

Joe Arpaio is suggesting that Hawaii signed a document for Obama. Obama took it to the ballot and said "I'm eligible to run". Elections officials called Hawaii, said they were concerned about the documentation, and asked Hawaii to come down and verify it. Hawaii confirms that the document is real, and the election officials recognize Hawaii is a state and thus allowed to make that claim. Now, Joe is pointing at the document itself, saying it's false, that Hawaii is forging its own birth certificates. Huh?

Saying that the document is false after Hawaii says it's valid is like claiming the check I wrote on my own account is forged after I say it's not. It's patently absurd.
Strange circumstances to say the least. I have a copy of my birth certificate in my possession complete with county seal of authentication. I have shown it many times for employment and whatever. I have never spent a hundred thousand dollars to keep from showing it. I just present it when as needed after all that's what it's for..
Old 03-02-2012, 01:47 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Strange circumstances to say the least. I have a copy of my birth certificate in my possession complete with county seal of authentication. I have shown it many times for employment and whatever. I have never spent a hundred thousand dollars to keep from showing it. I just present it when as needed after all that's what it's for..
Ok, Eddie_T, I'll call your bluff. Post it. Let's see your damn birth certificate.

No, I won't post my own birth certificate. I don't want to. Obama submitted his birth certificate and/or other evidence demonstrating his eligibility to elections officials when he requested ballot access. The problem isn't with presenting it to people who *needed* it, it was with presenting it to people who *wanted* it, people who were unsatisfied that their elections officials were doing their jobs, and are unsatisfied with Hawaii vouching for him. But instead of challenging Hawaii and saying that he *shouldn't* have a birth certificate, we're still talking about whether or not the records that Hawaii is charged with authenticating are authentic even after Hawaii, who is in charge of authenticating them has declared them authentic.

Hawaii isn't above reproach, but nobody is taking them to task for the accuracy of their record keeping; their taking Obama to task for what they believe are false records.

Now, you've made the claim that Obama has spent a hundred thousand dollars to keep from showing it to anyone, you explain to me why all the elections officials across the nation put his name on the ballot. Whether you realize it or not, you're alleging a conspiracy theory involving elections officials in all 50 states, including the red states that had nothing to gain from an Obama victory. Your position is even more ludicrous than Joe Arpaio's. Even if such a ludicrous conspiracy existed, it would take a hell of a lot more than $100,000 to make it happen.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:34 AM  

Quote:
Ok, Eddie_T, I'll call your bluff. Post it. Let's see your damn birth certificate.

No, I won't post my own birth certificate. I don't want to. Obama submitted his birth certificate and/or other evidence demonstrating his eligibility to elections officials when he requested ballot access. The problem isn't with presenting it to people who *needed* it, it was with presenting it to people who *wanted* it, people who were unsatisfied that their elections officials were doing their jobs, and are unsatisfied with Hawaii vouching for him. But instead of challenging Hawaii and saying that he *shouldn't* have a birth certificate, we're still talking about whether or not the records that Hawaii is charged with authenticating are authentic even after Hawaii, who is in charge of authenticating them has declared them authentic.

Hawaii isn't above reproach, but nobody is taking them to task for the accuracy of their record keeping; their taking Obama to task for what they believe are false records.

Now, you've made the claim that Obama has spent a hundred thousand dollars to keep from showing it to anyone, you explain to me why all the elections officials across the nation put his name on the ballot. Whether you realize it or not, you're alleging a conspiracy theory involving elections officials in all 50 states, including the red states that had nothing to gain from an Obama victory. Your position is even more ludicrous than Joe Arpaio's. Even if such a ludicrous conspiracy existed, it would take a hell of a lot more than $100,000 to make it happen.
Wow! I must have pushed your buttons a bit. All I am saying is that the Obama camp spent a lot of money to make the problem go away, but it didn't. I still have legal copies of my birth certificate that were hand typed and signed by the register of deeds and imprinted with the county seal and have presented them many times. Why would Obama not have ever had to produce a birth certificate before becoming president?
Quote:
According to Federal Election Commission records, Obama For America paid $693,464.18 to international law firm Perkins Coie between January and March 2009.

The campaign has another listing for $5,147.76 to ?Hopefund Perkins Coie? during the January to March 2009 period. It also compensated Perkins Coie for legal services between Oct. 16, 2008 and Dec. 31, 2008 ? to the tune of $378,375.52.

Robert Bauer of Perkins Coie ? top lawyer for Obama, Obama?s presidential campaign, the Democratic National Committee and Obama?s Organizing for America ? is the same Washington, D.C., lawyer defending President Obama in lawsuits challenging his eligibility to be president.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:54 PM  
fustrated genius

yes well, a couple of our Sheriffs are under attack, one by the administration, the other by a exgay lover. Arpaio's just firing back.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:05 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Wow! I must have pushed your buttons a bit. All I am saying is that the Obama camp spent a lot of money to make the problem go away, but it didn't. I still have legal copies of my birth certificate that were hand typed and signed by the register of deeds and imprinted with the county seal and have presented them many times. Why would Obama not have ever had to produce a birth certificate before becoming president?
Now you're alleging that because Obama supplied a copy direct from the state of Hawaii, he has never shown a copy of his birth certificate to any organization for any reason prior to that time? Is that the claim you're making?

You're saying that because he retained the services of a law firm to defend himself in court against allegations that he was ineligible to be president, he's paid to hide something?

Incredible.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:06 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
yes well, a couple of our Sheriffs are under attack, one by the administration, the other by a exgay lover. Arpaio's just firing back.
No, he's not firing back. He's shooting himself in the foot.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:46 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
No, he's not firing back. He's shooting himself in the foot.
in all honesty, both charges, Obama admin.'s, and Arpaio's are politically charged and neither are in the best interest of the people they claim to represent.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!