Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 03-03-2012, 05:33 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
in all honesty, both charges, Obama admin.'s, and Arpaio's are politically charged and neither are in the best interest of the people they claim to represent.
True enough, but I love a good fight and for some reason Obama and his minions are quite sensitive on this issue.
__________________

__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:44 PM  
fustrated genius
 
HiHood's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,054 | Kudos: +100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
True enough, but I love a good fight and for some reason Obama and his minions are quite sensitive on this issue.
Bang bang and a boom boom, ah-lets get ready to rummmmmbaalllllll!!!!!
__________________

__________________
Phewy!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:29 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
True enough, but I love a good fight and for some reason Obama and his minions are quite sensitive on this issue.
I love a good fight as well, which is why I'm so annoyed that people like Joe Arpaio and the rest of the birther movement refuse to present one, and refuse to shut up about it.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:16 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I love a good fight as well, which is why I'm so annoyed that people like Joe Arpaio and the rest of the birther movement refuse to present one, and refuse to shut up about it.
They are doing pretty well or you and Obama wouldn't be so annoyed about it.
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:50 AM  
Senior Member
 
Sideways's Avatar

Houston, Texas
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 980 | Kudos: +33
Images: 1
In what position is he making this statement? If he is speaking out in his position as a Sheriff then I would say he has over-stepped his jurisdiction. If he has made the statement as a private citizen then why is anyone giving any attention to an opinion that is no more or less valid than any other private citizens opinion. Can't have it both ways. Just saying...
__________________
"Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal. Never forget that everything the Founding Fathers did was not." Martin Luther King, Jr.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:05 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
In what position is he making this statement? If he is speaking out in his position as a Sheriff then I would say he has over-stepped his jurisdiction. If he has made the statement as a private citizen then why is anyone giving any attention to an opinion that is no more or less valid than any other private citizens opinion. Can't have it both ways. Just saying...
He's taking advantage of his position as a "public figure" to mount his soapbox. It's similar to Hollywood supporting Obama, are those doing so doing it as Hollywood or as private citizens?
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:10 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
In what position is he making this statement? If he is speaking out in his position as a Sheriff then I would say he has over-stepped his jurisdiction. If he has made the statement as a private citizen then why is anyone giving any attention to an opinion that is no more or less valid than any other private citizens opinion. Can't have it both ways. Just saying...
Read the link in the OP: http://www.fyurl.com/rr.php?c=2&site...rated-forgery/

Arpaio is claiming that discrepancies in the birth certificate give him probable cause to investigate. He's ignoring that Hawaii vouches for the certificate; they are the ones who issued it, and they declare it authentic, negating the "probable cause" argument he presented. By declaring there is probable cause to investigate, he is effectively declaring that Hawaii is lying when it says the certificate is valid. He's definitely overstepped his jurisdiction. He can sue Hawaii as a private citizen in federal court; he would have to show that they should not have issued the certificate. But he didn't claim that, he claimed that the birth certificate itself looks fake.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:40 PM  
Senior Member
 
Sideways's Avatar

Houston, Texas
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 980 | Kudos: +33
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
He's taking advantage of his position as a "public figure" to mount his soapbox. It's similar to Hollywood supporting Obama, are those doing so doing it as Hollywood or as private citizens?
So he does want it both ways. Kind of what I thought.
__________________
"Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal. Never forget that everything the Founding Fathers did was not." Martin Luther King, Jr.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:23 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Is this one a conspiracy or is it fact? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=uuDoNhjm1Vg
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:14 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Is this one a conspiracy or is it fact? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=uuDoNhjm1Vg
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama.../kenyacert.asp
__________________

__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.